Flamme Rouge Tour de Bêta

My Flamme Rouge assistance software is now substantially complete, fully automating the stuff I was doing by hand in the last Tours and supporting all the rules from the base game, Peloton and Météo; I’ve run a single two-team race with it, fixing any errors as I spotted them.

So I’d like six volunteers who know the game pretty well, to partake in a 6-race tour, ferociously checking each turn as it’s processed. I don’t think your cards will vanish or you’ll move the wrong distance, but You Never Know, and I’ll be frankly amazed if there isn’t at least one slipstreaming bug left. Every step of the race will be kept in a separate file and there’ll be no problem winding back if we need to, though there may be pauses while I fix problems.

I’ve put in support for a couple of optional rider types from BGG; I’m not entirely clear on who designed them. So you’ll choose two different riders from:

• Rouleur: 3 × (3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
  • Sprinteur: 3 × (2, 3, 4, 5, 9)
  • Puncheur: 3 × (2, 3, 5, 6, 8)
  • Grimpeur: 3 × (2, 3, 4, 6, 7), uphill speed limit is 7 not 5

I’ve also coded in my extended mountain points system (the longer the hill, the more points you get for cresting it first).

If you’re interested, let me know your preferred colour and team composition. (I can do custom colours.)

Courses are the Peloton stages 7-12, in 6-player mode:

2 Likes

I’ll jump in - although if you get 6 I’ll step out. Pink please.

Software sounds very impressive

1 Like

Which two riders?

I’ll try the new 2 please

1 Like

I’ll join in :biking_woman:

I also break software for a living, so happy to do some prodding if that would be useful.

1 Like

I just break it by accident

3 Likes

I sometimes do that too, but I just count it as a bonus!

2 Likes

Having seen that penultimate stage I don’t think I want to play now

1 Like

Great, what colour and which riders?

Green, and the new riders please

1 Like

Ive played the base game quite a bit and with peleton a couple of times so if that’s sufficient, im in.

I know nothing about the new riders so i guess ill go with the Rouleur and Sprinteur

Red please!

2 Likes

And computers tend to just stop working when near me…

3 Likes

I would love to do this again! Will gladly report any problems that aren’t to my advantage :wink: :crazy_face::face_with_monocle:

For riders I would like Sprinteur and Puncheur.
No color preference.

3 Likes

If nobody else signs up I’ll start this as a 4-player game tomorrow (once the Pearple’s Choice results are posted).

2 Likes

Sign me up. No colour preference R and S please

2 Likes

I’m in, sprinter and puncher for me.

2 Likes

OK, that’s 6, and thank you all - I’ll keep this open a little longer in case someone wants to displace Captbnut.

1 Like

Nice! Interesting new riders. I have plenty going on, so I will not join in this time, but I am very interested to see how it goes with those new two kind of cyclists…

2 Likes

(Hmm, not quite sure how to fix that - there’s rain on the breakaway straight, but the icon’s covered by the straight above. Anyway, crosswind on the last climb. The black bar leading from the icon shows the spaces it applies to.)

Setup order:

It’s not a software work around, but if you find the first turn shallower the start straight would come down at an angle.

Also, rain on the start straight. That is beyond mean

1 Like