Cream Tea - Jam or Cream first on scones?

Another contentious one - HP (other brown sauces are available if you must…) Or ketchup on a bacon sarnie?

2 Likes

Brown.

The tanginess cuts through the saltiness

1 Like

This is the correct answer… :+1:

2 Likes

Both. And I prefer Daddies

1 Like

Get outta here!! :rofl:

Although HP and Sirarcha mixed together works well

1 Like

Oh, I must, I must

2 Likes

Incidentally, for a better demonstration of the correct pronunciation of scone, aim for something similar to John Bercow saying “Mr Peter Bone”:

1 Like

That stuff is excellent, as is the ketchup

1 Like

I love that video. Just been looking for the Bambos Charamboulos one but can’t find it

1 Like

We are a household divided and yet united through our preferred condiments: Tina prefers their ketchup; I favour their brown sauce. Other brands are—and I confess to having been converted to this view only lately—undeniably second-best.

2 Likes

While that is very good, its just not the same on a bacon sandwich as HP. There is just something about HP and bacon that is perfect.

2 Likes

I think I should report that I had jam on toast for breakfast… With no butter :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Ketchup here.

This one is good.

But since I don’t have any just now, Heinz is about to go in my bacon sandwich.

3 Likes

Barbarian… :rofl:

2 Likes

Aren’t we all? I mean, my Greek is rusty at best…

2 Likes

My children are absolutely chaos merchants and normally do one slice with butter no jam and one slice with jam no butter

1 Like

So… I had to look up what clotted cream is. I don‘t think I would be able to buy this here. Have any of you tried making it at home? The recipes I found are daunting. And I really like scones. I dislike jam. So how bad is it to have them without jam? Would lemon curd do? Because I really like lemon curd and I know how to make that.

With all the talk of baked goods, I had to make some chocolate muffins to keep me alive until I know more about clotted cream. I blame everyone posting in this thread.

5 Likes

Eat them as you like.

I would not attempt to make clotted cream. Thick double cream works nicely

3 Likes

How about ketchup and brown sauce - fridge or cupboard

1 Like

I generally go by the ‘how do the shops store it?’ standard, so cupboard it is

1 Like