Okay, there’s definitely interest. I’ve put in an email to Tom Clare to ask what provisions or restrictions he expects around the game itself. I would love to be able to use the full complement of assets from the physical game, but I doubt the artwork will be made available to me.
I’m expecting to get, at least, an acknowledgement that the gameplay, event names and animals are freely usable, though the exact text of the rulebook and events are certainly subject to copyright.
If I don’t hear anything back from Big Imagination Games in the news couple of days, I’ll just move forward with a “generic” form of the game.
Individual coaches - I believe we will have a full complement of 6 coaches for the competition. If there are more than 6 wanting to play in the first game, I will randomly determine and those not chosen will be guaranteed a slot in the a future game
Popular Vote - proposed game flow:
- Each coach announces their competing animal with an introduction, method in which the animal will accomplish the event, and a background on how the animal has been coached.
- Each other coach will be allowed to make comment or question each other coach.
- If necessary, a coach will be able to make a rebuttal to answer any questions or concerns from other coaches.
If necessary, and the audience is sufficiently engaged, the banter can be continued between two coaches.
- Once all commentary and rebuttals have been made by coaches, the audience and coaches will vote by clicking the icon on the contestant they prefer. Each person may vote for multiple contestants.
- If necessary, a recount can be performed using a Poll (like the ones in the first post of this thread). I can be persuaded to perform all votes this way and it may come to that due to being unable to un-vote/un-heart a post after a certain amount of time (don’t vote too early!)
Because I Want To:
- A coach may opt to compete directly in an event themself. Just as with an animal, they describe how they will compete and how they have been training for the event. Bonus points for posting a picture of you actually performing the training you claim to have undergone. No coach may compete in more than one event of the championship.
[EDIT] The following is subject to change (and comments/recommendations)
Event Selection – Each coach will choose 3 of the event decks to draw 1 card from. Of those 3 events drawn, they will choose 1. The selected events will then be shuffled and 3 selected at random, but not revealed until after the coaches select their 3 animals.
Animal Availability – You’ll be randomly dealt a hand of 5 animals. You will select 3 of them to keep.
Event Announcement – Once all coaches have selected their 3 animals, all three events will be revealed.