Call of Cthulhu: Masks of Nyarlathotep 3 (London)

For the previous chapter, see Call of Cthulhu: Masks of Nyarlathotep 2 (New York).

Session 13 - A Few Sweating Men: At long last, we arrive in England. Oh, is that the time?

Session 14 - Standard Reference Pharaoh: Investigating the British clues. Why don’t we trust a man we haven’t even met?

Session 15 - Rhythmic Pumping from Below: Or, Penetrating Penhew. Well, not the man himself. That would be silly.

Session 16 - A Hand Up the Greasy Chute: The penetration of Penhew continues, and we meet an unexpected ally.

Session 17 - A Man-Sized Hole in the Norfolk Fens: We make some plans. They probably aren’t good plans. But they will be lots of fun.

Session 18 - Just About to Go All Sid James: The Blue Pyramid is not quite as we expect. For one thing, it’s not on fire even when we leave it.

Session 19 - When A Man is Tired of Taking Cover in London: We trust nobody. But they do seem to be leading us in dangerous directions, so what-ho.

And because I can, the main lounge at the Adelphi in Liverpool, which is a duplicate of the ones on the Olympic liners.

I think there was one in New York as well, but I don’t now know where it was.

East coast, just along from Boston.

Can I say I am amazed the party did not land on a “blighted Heath” outside of Arkham and then proceed on with no further mention.

It’s only blighted once we’ve left town…

I dint know about blighted, but it would certainly be blasted if Roger’s other CoC was around…

Not that he’d really be suitable for a globe-trotting campaign. “You arrive in Egypt… oh, look, Hanrahan’s been arrested again.”

Session 14 - Standard Reference Pharaoh: Investigating the British clues. Why don’t we trust a man we haven’t even met?

It saves time, mainly.

Session 15 - Rhythmic Pumping from Below: Or, Penetrating Penhew. Well, not the man himself. That would be silly.

Is the rap absent from this episode?

Yup. I thought I’d save that for a sufficiently special occasion.

My imagination is too mean to conceive of such an occasion.

Is it kept behind glass to be smashed in case of emergency?

Alternate intro for the Kenya chapter, should we live so long. If you do cultural appropriation completely wrong, does it still count?

It will certainly be counted against you.

I don’t think I was especially channelling Kenyan vibes.

I think I saw Kenyan Vibes once, when he was playing the marimba for George Melly.

Session 16 - A Hand Up the Greasy Chute: The penetration of Penhew continues, and we meet an unexpected ally.

Session 17 - A Man-Sized Hole in the Norfolk Fens: We make some plans. They probably aren’t good plans. But they will be lots of fun.