Call of Cthulhu: Masks of Nyarlathotep 3 (London)

Session 18 - Just About to Go All Sid James: The Blue Pyramid is not quite as we expect. For one thing, it’s not on fire even when we leave it.

Welcome to @Shimmin who has joined our merry band of idiots.

3 Likes

How insulting!

“Merry” indeed.

2 Likes

I’m not really bearded enough to be merry. It’s quite a hirsute term.

Somehow survived the first session, so things are looking good so far. Better than expected, at least.

3 Likes

And there you go, letting your guard down…

1 Like

Session 19 - When A Man is Tired of Taking Cover in London: We trust nobody. But they do seem to be leading us in dangerous directions, so what-ho.

2 Likes

Did Nick ever solve the mystery of the fly invasion?

Surely, he Musca spent a lot of time searching for clues.

2 Likes

Rotten pumpkin, now incinerated.

1 Like

Session 20 - Take You Up the Naze: We start to plumb the mysteries of Misr House. For which the most important piece of equipment is a decent-quality fountain pen and an official-looking notebook.

3 Likes

Seems like that one single local pub has quite a number of names:

• The Black Tankard
  • The Blind Milkmaid & Smiling Bull
  • The Gobbling Hobgoblin
  • The Old Pizzle
  • The Saucy Majordomo
  • The Slaugh… No, sorry: The Slotted Lamb

Probably some sort of tax dodge, registering multiple names for the same establishment.

2 Likes

The Gibbous Moon and Tentacle used to be a regular feature of my Lovecraftian games.

2 Likes

There’s a pub in my usual Tunnels & Trolls setting called The Dog & Haemorrhage.

1 Like

“No dogs. Or haemorrhages.”

2 Likes

“Waxing gibbous?”

“Nah, they don’t even really clean the place.”

“Hang on, that’s not what I me-”

“Once a year, on Walpurgis Night, they just move all the furniture outta the way, and herd a Shoggoth across the floor, so it can absorb some of the detritus.”

“…Oh, dear.”

2 Likes

Anything it leaves behind goes in the house special fry-up.

1 Like

I wish to dissociate myself from this thread. Both professionally and morally.

1 Like

It’s a nice pub, just across the street from The Ogre’s Lung. Usually. Things move about in Drollport.

1 Like

Session 21 - Covered in Burning Crepe: All goes well. Until it doesn’t. Fortunately we have a shotgun.

3 Likes

Accountants might deal with capital, but getting struck in the head while your back’s turned is a bit too de-capital.

1 Like

Session 22 - And Then Wee on the Jellyfish: Our subtle negotiation fails, so we use unsubtle negotiation. Many people survive.

3 Likes

Pharaoh’s breath, Nick’s very difficult poo, not to mention the usual Whartson Hall-related miscellany of blood, sweat, and acid reflux… And of course, the episode title! A veritable cavalcade of dysfunctional bodily functions!

Dare I say… a cascade, even!

2 Likes