Call of Cthulhu: Masks of Nyarlathotep 3 (London)

Better than a fountain…

2 Likes

Session 23 - A Modicum of Gore: Now all we have to do is clean up the ceremony.

4 Likes

The rutting track? Is that paved with gravel, stones… shag carpet?

Oh, perhaps they removed the gravel before putting down carpet! Sounds like the kind of place where people would make sure to get their rocks off.

1 Like

It’s definitely an experience that’ll change you through and through.

1 Like

I never hoped to be crushed to death by a classic automobile in such grand company.

You did better than KARTAS. They called me Thomas Wolfe for the Clark Ashton Smith segment I requested.

4 Likes

Your noble sacrifice was noted, then rapidly forgotten as we moved on to looting the bodies.

3 Likes

I like to get people’s names right when I kill them. It’s a foible.

4 Likes

I’ve been re-listening to the last few sessions as I start to prep the next section. I had forgotten what awful people the characters are (my own quote: ‘I feel like the cultists need to be making SAN rolls when they meet you.’).

2 Likes

The key to a successful roleplaying game is an impartial referee…

2 Likes

In a steampunkish game run by @JGD of this parish there was a Martian invasion. Minds vast, cool and unsympathetic… talked to the Martians.

2 Likes

The campaign had been going on a long time under GURPS 3e, and all the characters had been buying up their IQs, simply because it was cost-effective. GURPS 4e provides more ways of spending points usefully.

1 Like

Session 24 - Bumpkin Spiced Latte: Getting back up to speed with some new investigators, we start to finish up in England. Warning, contains Northern accents.

(After much anticipation, we only got in one episode of this before the GM lost his net connection thanks to a house move. More soon, we hope!)

5 Likes

Round of applause for that name!

4 Likes

Rather surprised that Nick hasn’t given all the NPCs pithy little rhyming nicknames by now, just like the police officer formerly known as ‘the bobby from London’, who’s now known as ‘the small ash-heap from London’. :policeman: :uk:

Imagine the PCs perusing their ominous collection of Mythos tomes, paging through ‘Life As A God, written by Montgomery Crompton, the nutter from Brompton’, and ‘Africa’s Dark S-E-C-T-S, which was written by Nigel Blackwell, the pervert from Crackwell’. :squid:

1 Like

Oooooh this is such a good idea! Tempting. ‘Roger Carlyle, who er… has his nails filed’.
Oh yes now I remember why not.

4 Likes

With that lengthy argument over whether RBW’s character is now ‘the honorable Michael Chumley’ or ‘the eligible Michael Chumley’, it sounded like people got so confused that they started calling him ‘illegible’. Of course, that might just be the SAN loss making his hands shake.

…Hang on, that can’t be right - everyone in the party just keeps getting more and more sane, don’t they? Much to Nick’s chagrin. :wink: Besides, the illegibly eligible Michael Chumley probably just has servants to do all the writing for him.

“Bludge, write me a sonnet on the ephemeral nature of life.”

“Right you are, guv.”

2 Likes

“Begging your pardon, guvnor, but I took the liberty of framing the poem in the form of a villanelle. If I may be so bold, the second tercet is especially effective.”

2 Likes

Finally, I have internet so I am hoping to get back on track with this tonight! Where were we again?

2 Likes

We’d just conquered R’lyeh and we were about to board our shantaks for the victory lap.

1 Like