Anyone free, weekdays from 9-5? (+9 UTC, so 0:00 to 8:00 GMT, 19:00 to 3:00 EST previous day))

For the first time in about 5 years, I find myself with some free time, but I don’t know anyone in the same situation. I spent the last two weeks making stuff, but it would be nice to play a boardgame online in real-time with some human communication.

I’ve signed up to a bunch of Discords, but this doesn’t seem to be the kind of time that spontaneous games seem to happen.

3 Likes

I’m usually somewhat free during evenings, starting around 3:00 AM (9PM Central, but using the fancy automatic timezone magic in the forum software), and I usually go to sleep around midnight. Depending on what you’re looking for, I’d probably be game.

1 Like

That’s potentially 3 hours of prime gaming time! If you are interested in, for example, a slow game of Roads & Boats, that’s something I’d like to try. Can split the game over several sessions easily.

Same goes for various other games that work well 2-player: Mage Knight, Napoleon’s Triumph, Pax Pamir 2e, Race for the Galaxy, Antiquity, Through the Ages, Innovation, probably a bunch more I haven’t thought of yet. Mostly Vassal or apps - Innovation is an exception at isotropic.

1 Like

Bumping this because I have again come into a slow period at work. Nothing happened last time, but I live in hope.

2 Likes

Not really, I am better on evenings, although I tend to read the forums more in small breaks at work.

1 Like

Oops, I had this comment as draft for quite a while.

1 Like