Anticipated games

And I see Juggernaut and Mister Sinister on the cover. And just when I had all the boxed sets…

4 Likes

Take Tricks to Make Pies, Collect Mushrooms, Go on Pilgrimages, and More | BoardGameGeek News | BoardGameGeek

More trick taking/shedding games. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Hang on, I’m busy trying to get Boast or Nothing!

Slow down.

3 Likes

Can you ping me every time a trick taker/ climber comes up please? You’re much more plugged in than I am

6 Likes

Perhaps we could have a dedicated new or interesting trick-takers thread, since they seem really popular right now? (I’m asking, rather than creating, because I’m a better consumer than producer. :stuck_out_tongue:)

5 Likes

The Daily Trickster - literally any news about trick taking and shedding/climbing games - Boardgames - tekeli.li forums, including unofficial SU&SD discussion

Created the thread for any news we find and all sorts of discussion.

8 Likes

Altay: Dawn of Civilization | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

I saw this randomly. Paolo Mori co-design with a peculiar art style.

1 Like

The designer of Tetrarchia has a design journal about the work-in-progress sequel-of-sorts to that game:

I played quite a lot of solo Tetrarchia around the end of last year, and it’s got a lot going for it, but some undeniable flaws as well; so I’m curious to see where the designer takes things from here.

4 Likes

Well that got rid of my main obstacle in purchasing Bohnanza, but flowers?

4 Likes

What you don’t like silly beans? Banause :wink:

I wonder whether Beth Sobel ever gets tired of painting flora :‍)

4 Likes

Or is it ‘If the cheques keep coming in, I’m drawing flowers’ now?

1 Like

maybe she’s working on becoming a verb “can you please sobelize this game?”

3 Likes

“Can you paint flowers?”
“Only if they’re Dahlias!”

3 Likes

Oh 'eck. That price tag!

4 Likes

Oof. I’ll skip then

2 Likes

I’ve never played Great Western Trail, but Great Western Trail: New Zealand is making an appearance at Wellycon in a few weeks, and I signed myself up to the tournament to give it a whirl (and theoretically have a chance of winning a copy, but that’s not likely!). So I guess that counts for this thread, even though I know almost nothing about it.

I guess they’re delivering to Wellington the first copies of a game about delivering things to Wellington :‍)

7 Likes

Asmadi just sent me an email that there will be a new “everything” edition of Innovation: Innovation Ultimate oO…

Innovation: Ultimate is a new everything-box set of Innovation, including lots of new content (Age 11!) for the base game and our existing expansions, plus a brand new expansion called The Unseen.

Not that my partner will ever play this with me again. But I do know other people :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Video about the game here @yashima

3 Likes

I was not impressed with GWT the first time around, but I would definitely give a NZ version a go…

I haven’t heard anything much about the Argentinian version, anybody has tried it here?

3 Likes