A Halloween Games Thread (because we can)

Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu has a spooky vibe. And though I haven’t played it yet, Vast: the Mysterious Manor has skeletons and poltergeists and spiders, oh my!

2 Likes

Vampire empire hasn’t been mentioned yet, but 2-player only.

2 Likes

I read that ad “furry of Dracula “, and was suitably horrified.

4 Likes

The Furry of Dracula is scary for a completely different reason

2 Likes

I haven’t played a game yet of My Father’s Work but I have the day off Monday so it seems like a perfect fit

3 Likes

Do I have the video review for you! Around the 18 minute mark

2 Likes

I just own a couple

Cryptid (although I don’t think this is very much horror, it feel more puzzle to me)
Cthulhu: Death May Die
Sleeping Gods(?)
Under Falling Skyes
Werewords

I have to go trick or treating on Monday night, so maybe, after putting the little ones to sleep, I could have a go at C:DMD…

2 Likes

This is one of those “almost backed the Kickstarter” games for me so I’m curious what you think of it.

3 Likes

Same! If anyone plays it please tell us all about it!

4 Likes

It has been summoned…

furry_of_dracula

4 Likes

I’ll add:

• City of Horror
  • The Isle of Doctor Necreaux.

Being the only thus-far-unmentioned prospects that I see in my collection.

3 Likes

Oh, wait, there is also Root, with the Lizard Cult!

2 Likes

Maybe the Mistweave Expansion for Everdell is also a candidate though it seems to have more rules overhead than the other expansions so I have shied away from it up to now.

There is a Halloween expansion for King of Tokyo but I will not suggest this game anymore—will play if someone (aka my nephew) begs me because it‘s so fast. But I‘ve considered storing my game at my sisters even though she lives 1.000km away :wink:

4 Likes

“That’s a very precise distance”, I thought.

(The fact that . and , are used throughout much of the world to denote numeric grouping and decimal points, but not consistently the same way around is one of the worst things ever. Driving on different sides of the road is one thing, but not being able to agree on numbers is just awful.)

6 Likes