Zoo Vadis: SU&SD's New Favourite Negotiation Game?

2023-10-19T17:52:02Z

2 Likes

Quo Vadis is one of my fave Knizias/negotiations, so I’m pretty excited about this one.

1 Like

I really want to get my copy to the table, just have not had a good opportunity yet.

1 Like

Should be arriving in the UK soon.

Ooooh, that looks good. I was tempted by Moon, but if I’m buying another game this year this might be it.

2 Likes

Lol at everyone refusing to play JoCo ever again. I need hype to rope in players, not anti-hype!

3 Likes

I bought this game when I really should not have. We just don’t do negotiation. We played one game of it, people were barely interested, so I sold it. Made someone very happy I’m sure.

3 Likes

Is there any guidance for establishing what’s a fair price to demand? I can picture a group of new players taking a while to get a feel for that.

2 Likes

If it’s anything like other Knizia’s I’ve played the perceived value is what matters, not the actual value.

2 Likes

Crap. I was looking forward to this one and waiting for a good under-the-radar sale. Should be out of stock for a year or two now.

1 Like

The counterpoint to SUSD emptying shelves is that a good portion of the people who bought it because of the SUSD review will probably be looking to resell it in a few months.

3 Likes

Or scalpers swoop in and sell at a profit.

I find Knizia’s Tier 1 stuff to be selling for retail price or higher in the after-market. Will ZV sell that way? Dunno. Have SUSD rec any Knizia that isnt from the 90s?

1 Like

My City, El Dorado… more I’m forgetting maybe?

1 Like

I really relish the thought of those clay tokens, given the game. The ability to click them as you negotiate, nudge an offer across the table…

MSRP it’s only an extra $30 or so which is a bit much but remains tempting. However, given that the basic version is going through retail and black friday sales, the difference expands to almost $50 which is just too much to pay for clay tokens.

I have gotten my plain jane version and will try to find a way to sub poker chips, which may just mean swapping tokens for chips whenever they are removed from the board.

1 Like

I’m considering getting coin capsules for my retail copy.

2 Likes

Oh my goodness you’re a genius.

If you do, let me know what size worked!

1 Like

The coin capsule list is the new card sleeve list!

Ashes, 19.5mm.

3 Likes

@Acacia 26 mm coin capsules

5 Likes