Yay Sportsball! Do the Thing, Win the Points!

Just a safe space to discuss all sports.

6 Likes

So who is following the 6 Nations? Go Wales!!

3 Likes

Sweepstake Scotland

1 Like

Yeah that ain’t gonna happen! :slight_smile: Or do you mean just for this game?

1 Like

I am not a big fan of the “egg-chasing” - probably because I never really got into it or understood it tactically - but I shall be watching Scotland v England this weekend with my Dad who loves rugby. He’ll be supporting England but the best place locally to watch it will be a Scottish bar. Hope he enjoys it!

I’ve watched Wales v England in a Welsh Bar in NZ. I was supporting Wales but I have an English accent (Welsh but grew up in Derbyshire) which just confused everyone.

1 Like

Gotta keep the Calcutta cup in Scotland.

My partner is active on a hyper-local Facebook “Community Give” group where people post things they want to give away, but all within 5 miles or so (nobody wants to drive an hour across town to pick up a bag of tortilla chips).

She came home with a plastic shopping bag full of Women’s Denver Broncos shirts; she’s a Green Bay fan, but she cheers for my team as long as it’s not a conflict of interest.

My first reaction was, “Looks like someone finally gave up [on the Broncos]”

It’s been a rough few years to be a donkeys fan.

3 Likes

I’ve been a Bengals fan since I started following it. Its been a tough few decades… (I know we had a couple of good seasons recently!)

2 Likes
3 Likes

I was watching the end of the first T20 cricket match between NZ and Australia, and Australia won it on the final ball. Darn it, Australia. *shakes fist*

1 Like

Were you in Wellington?

The Welsh Dragon advertises itself as “The only Welsh pub in the Southern Hemisphere.”, so it seems likely.

I’ve not been in there often, but I walk past it all the time (it’s almost next to the Embassy theatre where I go most weeks for film society screenings).

Indeed I was! Its a great place

1 Like

Surely no one ever “finally gives up” on the Broncos? Temporarily, perhaps but there’s always next season and the upcoming draft and free agency.

(Ever hopeful Broncos fan since 1985.)

1 Like

Ugh. Game 2 of the series was much worse.

I watched Wales vs England in a pub with a Wales fan, who was the ONLY PERSON to shout YAY in the otherwise silent room when Wales got a try. Awkward.

3 Likes

Time to upgrade my darts practice facilities: from this …

… to this …

5 Likes

I remember watching Wales v England in a pub in Southampton. I was only one other than a barman supporting Wales. At half time we were down by A LOT and I was taking a lot of stick. By the end, we’d won and i was standing on my chair singing “You can stick your fucking chariot up your arse!”

Good times

4 Likes

Why is 13 the next most popular target after 20?

1 Like

That 13 was the original 20. I turned the board around after its first couple of years of use. Look at the writing around the board.

3 Likes