Wordle - A daily word game

If you’ve been spending any time online over the last month then it’s pretty likely you’ve seen Wordle pop up.

It’s a word puzzle where you need to guess a 5 letter word within 6 guesses. Each time you guess it tells you when a letter is “not in the word” (gray), “in the word but in the wrong place” (yellow), or “in the right place” (green). If you can get all green within 6 guesses then you have beaten the day’s puzzle.

There’s one puzzle available per day, with the same word for everyone. Perfect for a 5 minute challenge in the morning, and I’ve been sharing my results with the family group chat.

Once have a go you can paste your results below with its built in share function where you can copy a little emoji pattern:

3 Likes

Wordle 200 3/6

:white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

1 Like

Damn you! I landed on 6. Despite a lucky start I went obscure before realising the more obvious solution.

Wordle 200 6/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square:

Wordle 200 3/6

:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

Interesting!

2 Likes

Ah, thought the yellow (wrong place) was gold (right place). Got it now. Yes, this is going to be good.

Wordle 200 X/6

:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:

1 Like

I can’t figure out how to share a score picture on my phone.

YYYYXY
GGGGG

I have seen people posting scores, but hadn’t looked at what they were actually playing. Interesting little game.

1 Like

You hit the share button on the results summary.

Ah, I’ve seen these grids being tweeted and gathered that they were part of a game called Wordle, but didn’t realise they were displaying the results rather than the actual puzzle. Consequently I had no clue what people were doing with them.

Edit: Right then, first ever try at this…

Screenshot_20220105-122758

1 Like

Once you finish it should give you the option to Share on a green button. If you can’t see it you can refresh. You can copy the results grid from there!

2 Likes

That’s a fun one!

1 Like

Waiting for the day my go-to first guess is the word!

Wordle 200 4/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square:

1 Like

Today went well!

Wordle 200 3/6

:yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::green_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:

Stupidly my mind went to Liger first and took a good few minutes before I thought oh it’s Tiger!

Wordle 200 6/6

:yellow_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square:

Got it, but messed up the third guess by repeating an incorrect location. It’s early!

1 Like

I did not manage the word yesterday, but I got today’s…

Wordle 200 3/6*

:black_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:
:yellow_square::green_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square:

1 Like

Is there any way to try the previous puzzles? I fancied another go but all I can see is a countdown to tomorrow’s.

I made that same mistake the first time.

I can’t see one. And they’re doing something that persists through cookie-clearing (perhaps IP logging).

1 Like

I just noticed hard setting and thought “hang on, that’s what I’ve been doing all along!”.

Does anyone use completely different letters in each guess to exclude letters/find more yellows & greens?

My first two guesses didn’t overlap, which gave me three definite letters (and three places they couldn’t be).

2 Likes

I used too but it’s too easy to clear out the alphabet.

2 Likes