Where on Earth are you!? Show us the sights from your part of the world

Went to the opening of the Greenwich (London UK) festival, which has “organic fireworks” that turned out to be… MANY BUBBLES

15 Likes

View down from Cautley Spout, Cumbria

20 Likes

Forgot to take a photo when they moved so here’s a photo of the sea near my folks’ new house.

13 Likes

I made an album from our recent travels to Budapest, Vienna and Munich:

We did all this with almost all public transport and trains–my dad drove us to our local train station and picked us up when we returned.

It was my/our first time traveling with an overnight train since I visited Siena in 2001. It was really nice to be arriving in Budapest around 10 am (we were 40 minutes late), immediately check into our hotel (we got lucky with that one) and then have a whole (mostly) rested day in Budapest instead of flying in around afternoon enduring the chaos that is air travel in Germany at the moment or drive 10 hours by car (the route includes about 14 or so road construction sites).

11 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

12 Likes

Liverpool from New Brighton

10 Likes

Very nice colors at the brook today.

12 Likes

Abandoned building

13 Likes

How’s thing going with the Typhoon?

1 Like

A whole lot of nothing where we are - a bit windy last night. Not sure about places ~50 km north of us.

10 Likes

Not too far from us is a closed down business, Harvey Marine, that sold boating/fishing gear, and maybe even boats directly, I’m not certain. Their mascot was a rabbit named Harvey.

A large, fiberglass statue was commissioned for the business, and is still there, maintained by a trust. Various holidays are celebrated by putting objects in the statue’s hand, like a heart on Valentine’s Day, or eggs on Easter.

But, I’m convinced this statue is evil. You have been warned.

Hi, I'm Harvey!

Careful! Those eyes will suck out your soul!

I can’t imagine why this business ever closed.

14 Likes

…cut from the living sacrifice with obsidian knives…

8 Likes

I think the ears were designed to make it cute but they achieve exactly the opposite effect.

At least you have imagination there. In Glasgow the Duke of Wellington statue always gets a traffic cone as a hat.

4 Likes

That’s the most unhinged statue I’ve ever seen.

6 Likes

Why is this not your profile picture?

6 Likes

Yeah but that’s just a tradition now. Police take it off, students put it back as soon as possible.

5 Likes

I don’t want to be the cause of heart attacks in various forums and discords.

3 Likes

Christ on a bike

3 Likes

I don’t think so. Christ usually is depicted with a beard, and more friendly-looking. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes