Where on Earth are you!? Show us the sights from your part of the world

We’re back from our vacation on the German North Sea Coast. The town is called Dorum and it’s between Cuxhaven and Bremerhaven (kind of)

House we stayed in

Our typical lunch : Backfischbrötchen and “local” beer (it’s tasty and very common all across Northern Germany)

Eversand. Lighthouse near Dorum. We climbed up one day and were told that this and 2 siblings were used to show the old shipping route for a long time, but then the sands changed and so did the route and they were abandoned. Later (~1999?) this was moved to shore to restore. The other 2 are slowly falling to pieces.

Sights of Bremerhaven. Sadly, we had no time to visit either the “Klimahaus” or the “Auswandererhaus” because we had our friends dog with us. Dogs are not welcome in a lot of places I found out this vacation. The others went into the U-Boot while the dog, its “mom” and I went for coffee. Apparently, this one is a very late model from WWII that sank itself when the war ended without ever being part of an engagement.

Wattenmeer. I didn’t know that most places you are not allowed to walk barefoot in the “Watt” apparently human feet are bad for nature. It’s a National Park now.

Strandkörbe, Cuxhaven (my mom was born near here)

Fishing Boat (‘Fischkutter’) near Spieka

Kugelbake in Cuxhaven (Bake is Old German for any shipping “signage” and this one has a ball on top)

I’ve already reported on the incredible amount of games I got to play.

15 Likes