When is the site going to get a name?

To quote someone from the old forum:

I hate spelling mistakes.

You mix up two letters and the whole thing gets urined.

On the plus side, @Lordof1 may have discovered the surprising answer to the long-standing mystery of Dark Matter (leaving science with just one remaining question: Why did the singularity contain so many defecating camels?)

8 Likes

With many thanks to @Suz, who did basically all the work while I threw in unhelpful suggestionsā€¦

Thoughts, feedback, etc.?

11 Likes

Looks great!

2 Likes

Nice. I like the unusual colour choice. Not quite sure what, as a whole, itā€™s all about though.

2 Likes

Love it! Itā€™s adorable!

1 Like

Nice! Love the pear.

1 Like

This is quite a good point!

I think I may have overstretched myself trying to include all the things that Tekeli.li supportsā€¦ and I only managed Improvised Radio Theatre - with Dice (a radioā€¦ and dice!), Whartson Hall recordings (a hall!), and the - unofficial - Shut Up & Sit Down community (a reference pear!). The enormous tentacle refers to the forum name ā€˜Tekeliliā€™ obvs.

I will add that this is very much a first draft with the hopes that someone with actual graphic design skills might turn it intoā€¦ something? Honestly, Iā€™d be happy if it just inspires others to let loose the ideas floating around in their own head. A collaborative effort is definitely in the spirit of this forum, I think. :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Aha! It was the pear that had me most confused! Love the dice pips forming the suckers on the tentacle.

5 Likes

Can ā€œreference pearā€ be explained?

Shut Up and Sit Down has/had a long lasting gag where they would compare the size of a box to a handy ā€˜reference pearā€™ to give everyone a sense of size. The joke has often spiraled into the absurd (as the show often does), but they will frequently refer back to it.

ā€œLook at how big this box is! Itā€™s huge! Just look when it is placed next to this convenient reference pear.ā€

5 Likes

I love it, got the hall and radio reference right away.

I have one minor issue, which reflects more on me than anything else.

With the angle of the pear, if I squint, itā€™s a bit phallic, maybe? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

To expand on this further, in the very early years they even inferred they were being managed/controlled/employed by the ā€˜Reference Pearā€™ as part of the ā€˜Big Pear Corpā€™ world domination story arc Not really a ā€˜story arcā€™, but I thought it sounded cool in my head, so I typed it!

By the way, I like the design!

3 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure we can deal with just ā€œa bitā€, canā€™t we?

1 Like

Either Iā€™m missing something or you need to see a doctor :thinking:

6 Likes

Thank you! Good to know it got the message across :slightly_smiling_face:.

And Iā€™ll see if I can come up with something that survives the RossM Squint Test.

(I may be some time! :laughing:)

2 Likes

It might just be me. Sometimes a tentacle holding a pear is just a tentacle holding a pear.

12 Likes

I believe @Bigjackbrass 's canonical image for WH is the Holbrook House in San Francisco:

4 Likes
1 Like

Man the logo and shrinking logo does look great. Nice work!

10 Likes

I love the logo :slight_smile: I was so confused there for a moment when the favicon changed on my pinned tabā€¦ (which shows only that and no site name)

Great work!

8 Likes