What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?

That’s a perfect example of copy editor humor. I just told it to C, and she laughed and laughed . . .

4 Likes

Why does Snoop Dogg carry am umbrella?

Fo Drizzle

3 Likes

That’s one of my favorite (clean) jokes, but the version I know has an additional passenger:

Heisenberg, Schrodinger, and Ohm are in a car together when they’re pulled over by a policeman. He walks up and asks Heisenberg, “Do you know how fast you were going?”

“No idea. But I do know where I am.” Heisenberg replies.

The policeman says, “Well, you were doing 55 in a 35mph zone.” Heisenberg throws his arms up in exasperation and shouts, “Great! Now I’m lost!”

The policeman thinks this is suspicious, so he has them pop the trunk for a search. He checks it out and says, “Did you know you have a dead cat in here?”

This time it’s Schrodinger who angrily responds, “We do now! Thanks a lot jackass!”

The policeman has had enough and moves to arrest them. Ohm resists.

9 Likes

This is a bit dead, and I saw a perfect one while waiting in the garage for my new tyres to get aligned.

“My friend David had his ID lost, so now we call him Dav”

6 Likes

With lockdown restrictions in place, The Proclaimers’ lawn is getting out of control and they’re blaming B&Q

They’ve been to Bathgate, no mower, Linwood, no mower, Methil, no mower, Irvine, no mower…

8 Likes

A biologist, a physicist, and a mathematician are watching a house from across the street. As they watch, two people go into the house. Somewhat later, three people come out.

The biologist: “They’ve reproduced.”

The physicist: “Apparently the number of people is not conserved.”

The mathematician: “Now if one person goes into that house, it will be empty.”

5 Likes

Occasionally I make up jokes that are too obscure even for me.

“I found myself in a state of nervous ecstacy while contemplating a picture of Marie-Henri Beyle. There ought to be a name for that.”

or indeed

A cabalist is given the choice of any one decanic Word to learn. He chooses Sphandôr, the decan of knowledge. His friends ask: now all wisdom is within your grasp. What is the first and most important thing you have learned?

“Should have chosen Buldumêch.”

3 Likes

I’m trying to come up with a pun on “Stendhal” but I’m drawing a blank . . .

1 Like

Atoms are untrustworthy little buggers. They make up everything!

3 Likes

Was at a funeral for a guy that got killed by a tennis ball.
Great service.

10 Likes

Booooo. Dislike

3 Likes

Amazing first post @Hanclansolo77 Welcome to the forum!

3 Likes

This is wonderful, great first post. And you didn’t even make a racquet when you came in.

6 Likes

My friends got married at the top of a mobile phone mast. The service was awful but the reception was great.

4 Likes

That wedding I just talked about was very emotional. Even the cake was in tiers.

5 Likes

One of my favorite types of humor is Soviet/Communist jokes, mostly but not always from the Soviet Union. For example, one I read in Arthur Koestler’s The Act of Creation:

Teacher: Tell me, comrade, what is capitalism?
Student: The exploitation of man by man.
Teacher: And what is communism?
Student: The reverse!

6 Likes

Shaky set me loose on you. You’ll be out for his blood(in a bowl maybe?) soon enough.

My jokes are prolific and terrible.

Bono and the edge went into a pub. Barman says ‘aw not u 2 again’

2 Likes

My favourite joke my father ever taught me:

“Comrade, what would you do if you had two houses?”
“Why Comrade, I would keep one, and I would give one to the Party!”
“Exactly! And what would you do if you had two cars, Comrade?”
“Why, I would keep one, and I would give the other to the Party, Comrade!”
“Quite! And what would you do if you had two bikes, Comrade?”
“Now wait a minute Comrade, I have two bikes…”

2 Likes

Q: What happened when the Soviet Union took over the Sahara Desert?

A: For five years, nothing. Then there was a shortage of sand.

3 Likes