What are you watching?

Caught up at last with a movie that I have been wanting to see for a while, Creed. I definitely enjoyed the story. I liked what they tried to do visually in the fights, but they still go on with the trademark fight choreography haymakers and head spins after being punched that really put me off. I know it is all for show, but they really make me grimace. Besides that (and that eye on the final fight) I am intrigued enough to want to watch the second one…

1 Like

To some extent it was same old, same old but told very well.

2 Likes

We started with What we do in the shadows a vampire comedy show in the Parks & Rec / The Office mockumentary style on Disney+.

It is so absurd and hilarious (at least the first few episodes we watched). The pilot was the best which is a pretty rare thing to say.

3 Likes

It is good, but you should watch the original movie by Taika Waititi. It is hilarious. And way lower budget, which really adds to the fun.

5 Likes

As can be confirmed by the selected review quotations on the posters : )

3 Likes

The season finale for Andor.

I wasn’t sure about this show as its a prequel to Rogue One and therefore we know the fate of the main character.

But it is really well done.

3 Likes

I’m going to watch Rogue One this evening to finish things off.

What am I saying, I’m still off sick, I can watch it now :joy:

4 Likes

I might wait until the 2nd season to do that. Of course, I could just do it twice

2 Likes

Can’t remember if I’ve watched it since I saw it in the cinema, I suspect I have. Still worth a re-watch, even if Andor has muddied Cassian’s backstory from the film a little.

1 Like

We’ve just watched the new version of All Quiet on the Western Front on Netflix. My husband’s assessment was “well, that was depressing” so, mission accomplished?

5 Likes

Searching for Italy with Stanley Tucci. God, Im hungry now

3 Likes

I want to be famous enough to eat and drink my way round an entire country and get paid for it…

3 Likes

It is unfortunately on none of the streaming platforms we have access to over here. But I keep an eye on it. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wasn’t Andor great. I remember thinking at episode six that must be the end, only to have the pleasure and delight of watching another six-episodes. What a ride, and the performances were excellent; especially by the actors of the bad-team. Five star viewing.

In other news… we watched Palm Springs on Prime, which is a Groundhog day style time travel story that we enjoyed. Has a science based answer based on QM, which at least was a nod to the physics. Definitely four stars for that.

And then we re-watched Warrior Nun because the start of season two was confusing to boring old farts who couldn’t remember how season one ended and what the stakes are? Now at episode-six, and the story has rollicked along.

I mean, undercover tactical nuns are fun, however ludicrous it sounds. And the stakes are high with the false angel Adriel about to take control of the world (not a spoiler, it’s the plot).

5 Likes

Watched the Weird Al movie. It’s genius. Dan Radcliffe doesn’t waver in his absolute commitment to it for one second, and it just keeps getting funnier.

Also watched the trailer for CO**INE BEAR, which is exactly as stupid as the internet was hoping for, and stars that guy from TikTok who pretended to be a disgruntled IKEA employee. Top marks, it will be epic.

6 Likes

I must regretfully announce that I really enjoyed the first two episodes of Willow. I think it’s a lot of fun.

I have spent more time than I expected sitting with the thought “Warwick Davis has aged better than Mark Hamill.”

8 Likes

We watched the first episode of Wednesday, the Addams Family continuation on Netflix. We found it devilishly delightful! The lead actress does a great job with deadpan delivery, fitting for Wednesday Addams. The first episode does a great job in introducing characters and plot threads for the show to explore through the rest of the season.

Looking forward to more!

2 Likes

Anyone seen on BBC there’s a show called Traitors which is essentially werewolf with mini games in between. Haven’t watched it yet but might try and get into it.

1 Like