Welcome to new users

Cool. I believe that @pillbox and @Griffster77 have text dumps. Send them a pm!

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t have comprehensive dumps and, specifically, I do not have a dump of that thread.

I might have it as well, but it is on my work computer and I am off for the coming week. I will try to remember to check when I get back if it doesn’t get dug out before then.

2 Likes

Is there any kind of new user self introduction thread?

If not, hi!

7 Likes

Welcome to the forums @Farvana, enjoy your time here!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hello and welcome to the forums. If you want to make a longer post telling us more about yourself there is the Introduction thread. Otherwise you can just jump straight into the ongoing conversations about recently played games, recent acquisitions or kickstarter or whatever else might interest you. Feel free to ask questions.

Have fun :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hi! I lurked here for a while and already created a thread, but I thought it wouldn’t be proper manners if I don’t pop in here to leave some self-introduction. I live in Korea and love board games! You might run into my comments on the SU&SD website, Youtube, or BGG. English is my second language, so pardon my grammar mistakes!

14 Likes

Welcome! (Also, as someone who has been paid to correct grammar of non-native-speakers, I’d say you’re doing all right so far.)

4 Likes

Welcome, after many poorly typed messages over the past year I reckon you’ve probably got a better grasp of English than me.

5 Likes

Also, you aren’t the only non-native speaker here :slight_smile: Welcome!
(I think mobile auto-correct destroys English more than most non-native speakers)

6 Likes

Your grammar is just fine. Welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome, from another non-native English speaker here. Enjoy the forums!

2 Likes

Hello, I lurked at the old forum for years, mostly to read the many wonderful play by forum rpgs that were played. You all inspired me to get a group together and play my own game, we did Pendragon and I’m not ashamed to say I took a great deal of inspiration directly from your game!

However, that group has evaporated and lost touch over the last year and so I am here because I would dearly like to play another game. I hope that’s OK!

11 Likes

Hello there and welcome to the forums :slight_smile: we’re glad to have you. if you’ve been lurking, you probably know where everything is and can jump straight in.

3 Likes

Thankyou! Yes, everything seems fairly familiar here, I seem to be lacking a little courage to jump straight in, is it too early for wine?

4 Likes

Roll for temperate vs indulgent! :grinning:

Welcome @ABitWhippet I’d love to hear about your Pendragon campaign.

Feel free to jump in wherever you want.

4 Likes

It… well, I shamelessly copied yours. I may have even had Hogarth as an NPC who did a lot of things your Hogarth did!

5 Likes

No shame in that - @RossM is a good role model.
Welcome!

4 Likes

Hopefully more successfully! How far did you get?

3 Likes

Our last game before lockdown was the invasion of Cornwall, we tried via zoom but it didn’t work out

4 Likes