Watcha Wearin'? A Thread about Wristwatches

Today:

5 Likes

Very nice. I think the blue really sets off your skin’s grey, ashen tone.

On an unrelated note, even during a pandemic it’s important to get at least a little sunshine.

3 Likes

I must have taken that picture while I was watching The Lathe Of Heaven (1980). :laughing:

3 Likes

Whoa! It’s been awhile. I am wearing a CWL Super-Compressor today.

5 Likes

I like your pillow a lot! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

New thread: “Pillow Talk” ?

3 Likes

Today is the 50th anniversary of the splashdown of Apollo 17, the last of the Apollo lunar missions. I was a little over a year and a half old at the time. In honor of that, I am wearing the Moon Watch. :full_moon:

6 Likes

Hey! I’m transmitting after my recent emotional episode (apologies to @RogerBW). I was in a sort of weird place, and chose to voice it here. That was a mistake. I’m sorry about that. Please forgive me, everyone. :slightly_smiling_face:

I have been active on the watch front lately, but only in the sense of bracelets. Both are by Forstner, and they’re both EXCELLENT! The first is their two-tone Flat Link bracelet for the Omega Speedmaster. This is basically a reissue of the pre-Gemini Program Speedmaster bracelet, and it’s wonderful!

The 2nd is Forstner’s “Bullet” bracelet for the Tudor Black Bay. What a fantastic bracelet! It’s absolutely wonderful!

8 Likes

Lume (and some games too).

5 Likes

At the risk of being repetitious and boring, this Forstner Flat Link bracelet is killing it. It’s light, comfortable, and makes my Speedy look like an “Ed White”. Except I spent $185 instead of over $10K. That’s a win in my book! :laughing: :+1:t3:

5 Likes

Obviously you need a copy of Leaving Earth to go into that background. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah. I’m rewatching Forbidden Planet.

Awesome! :grinning: :+1:t3:

3 Likes

Yesterday’s choice was my early 1960s Universal Genève Micro-Rotor. Today I am back to the Speedy.

7 Likes

The second picture looks really neat! Your own coat of arms :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well that’s a polarising design choice.

1 Like

My Black Bay is back from service. :sunglasses:

1 Like

To be honest, that is the coat of arms of the clan chieftain, not mine. As a Boyd I am, however, allowed to use the crest (see my avi). I also have one on my Finnish Army M1965 cold weather cap. :smile:

4 Likes

It looks really great and impressive :smiley: Glad you can use the crest! I like “Confido” a lot too!

1 Like