V-Commandos: Wipe

Tries again:

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 4, 4

Ok, got him, what did he drop?

A StG44, which I think can most usefully go to the sniper.

(Sapper moves N, N, pick up, S.)

• Enemy reinforcements
    enemy-2
    enemy-2
    enemy-3
    enemy-2-hammer
    enemy-1
    enemy-2
    enemy-2
    enemy-3
    enemy-2
    enemy-1
  • Enemy movement S
  • No enemy fire

Bother, I didn’t take the S reinforcements into account. Oh well. I don’t think we’ll have a better chance than this.

Turn 10

I think the Scout has to go for it. There’s a fair chance he’ll be spotted, and we have no first aid kits, but…

Best of luck with it!

OK, let’s do this thing. Scout moves through the wall into the large tile.
@discobot roll 5d6

:game_die: 5, 2, 3, 1, 5

is spotted. Plants the charge, and tries to get out again. Reaction fire alas uses the odds from the departure tile:
@discobot roll 8d6

:game_die: 4, 3, 3, 5, 4, 6, 2, 2

The alarm’s going off, but the second charge is planted.

I suspect it’s worth waiting until after the charges go off (i.e. after the next enemy movement phase) to suppress the alarm

Makes sense. Sniper will move N and save so as to be ready to do that.

OK. Bruno staying where he is? (I think the Sapper is.)

Yes, Bruno is doing nothing.

Aha, an idea. Since we can turn off the alarm after an explosion, apparently, Bruno and Sapper should head across the large tile after it blows up, and only after that do we turn off the alarm.

Makes sense to me.

• Enemy reinforcements
    enemy-3
    enemy-2
    enemy-3
    enemy-3
    enemy-2-hammer
    enemy-2
    enemy-1-hammer
    enemy-2
    enemy-3
    enemy-2
  • Enemy movement is N.
  • No enemy fire.

Turn 11

Bother, that’s really not an event we want right now!

Yup, that wrecks the alarm-manipulation plans. May I propose:

Sniper blows the big room (0), drops her Bombardment on the NE corner (1), attempts to block a Northern entrance (2), saves (1).

Then, Sapper advances openly into the big space (1), shoots into the NE once or twice. If he clears it in the first shot he moves in to go stealthy and saves; if he needs two shots or doesn’t clear it, he saves while on the big tile.

Bruno finishes clearing the NE tile if necessary and moves there; if he has spare actions he shoots S from there. Sapper moves to the NE tile with his saved action.

At the end of the turn the alarm shuts down (!). I can’t see a way for any of us to be visible without getting seriously shot.

As I understand it the alarm is shut down now, and thus cannot be shut down once it sounds again (when the explosions go off). But I think the plan still works.

Sniper:

• sets off both charges. Lots of enemies go back in the bag.
  • Bombards the NW corner [1] looking for 4+.
    @discobot roll 4d6

:game_die: 3, 5, 3, 3

Drops: grenade.

Sniper shoots a northern entrance for 3+:
@discobot roll 1d6