V-Commandos: Snowflake

OK, in more detail I propose:

Sapper 0AP plant a charge.

Bruno or Sapper: take the first aid kit, first-aid DC, crowbar S door, save. (Still in uniform for now.)
Sapper or Bruno: shoot S as needed, any spare shots to E, move S, save if possible.
DC: any further shooting, move S.
Bruno or Sapper again: use saved action to move S.

At this point we’re all stealthy in the objective room.

If there’s a dropped first-aid kit (3/13 in the equipment bag right now) then we can revive the medic as well but that’ll only become apparent when we start shooting. That would need some changes of plan since it would have to be picked up and brought to the northern room.

We don’t need to shoot W unless we become visible, which we shouldn’t before the base collapses on them at the end of next turn.

I’ll do this, because the Sapper has a bigger gun.

OK, so:

Sapper 0AP plant a charge.
Bruno: take the first aid kit, first-aid DC, crowbar S door, save. (Still in uniform for now.)
Sapper: shoot S as needed, any spare shots to E, move S, save if possible.
DC: any further shooting, move S.
Bruno again: use saved action to move S.

Sapper shoots S,needing a 4+ (becomes visible and loses uniform benefit):
@discobot roll 3d6

:game_die: 4, 3, 1

The drop is a first aid kit.

@Lordof1, I propose:

Sapper: *move S, *save
DC: *move S, pick up first aid kit, *move N, *first aid medic, *move S
Medic: *shoot once, *move S, *save
Bruno again: use saved action to move S.

That will leave us all stealthy in the objective room.

Looks good to me! Are there any rabbits here?

This seems like a good plan, I’m keen to restealth, so - S, get out, N, heal medic, S

Medic’s shot E, for 4+:
@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 5, 6

Drops: first aid kit, grenade

• Enemy reinforcements
    enemy-2
    enemy-1-hammer
    enemy-3
    enemy-1
    enemy-2-hammer
    enemy-3
    enemy-2
    enemy-2
  • Free enemies move W
  • No shooting
  • Two more tiles go (and six enemies)

Turn 21

Nobody’s on an outdoor tile.

OK, we need 8 AP jointly to do the objective. I find myself inclined for us all to stay here this turn (21), and the western big tile and southern entrance go. Next turn (22). move out to the NE and do some shooting south, and the SE corner, objective room, and northern room go. Final turn (23), escape, and the last two tiles go,.

An alternative, less wasteful of AP, is for say Bruno or the Medic to move N, E, and shoot stealthily south while the others do the interrogation and save AP. Then ideally next turn there are only two enemies in the exit tile.

I’ll happily do the N, E, stealthy shooting. Needing 4+:

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 6, 4

That will do very nicely. Take the MG42.

Drops: grenade, crowbar.

OK, everyone else lends 8 actions between them; without spending +1s, that leaves two actions over, with which a second character could run for the NE. Might as well! For parity of firepower, I’ll send the medic.

• Enemy reinforcements
    enemy-2
    enemy-3
    enemy-2
    enemy-2
    enemy-2
    enemy-2
  • Free enemies move west (but there’s no space in the NW room)
  • No enemy fire
  • More tiles disappear, and 11 enemies go back in the bag.

Turn 22

For the north-east group, we need five actions to get both of us out (2× move south, 1× open trapdoor, 2× enter trapdoor). We have seven between us (3 each and a +1). So my thought is that Bruno and the medic each take a shot (grenade in the medic’s case) at 4 dice for a 4+, and if any one of them is a hit that eliminates both enemies and we’ve won. (Then the sapper blows the charge and the two in the objective room go N, E, S, out.)

We need one more action to crowbar or shoot that door, don’t we? However, the odds are still with us:

@discobot roll 4d6

:game_die: 2, 5, 5, 5

OK, that does it. I wasn’t sure we were going to make that for a while!