V-Commandos: Helmet

@COMaestro asked for a die roll:
Okay, two down, Officer shoots again.

2d6: 2 + 5 = 7

Okay, all enemies down. Looking for opinions. Should we move back S to guarantee stealth, or move E, risk detection, but be able to leave next turn assuming Bruno climbs through window, crowbars door and shoots lock this turn, keeping his +1.

Edit: oh wait, he has to disable the alarm.

First two drop:
spotted
first aid

That spotted would normally have made you visible, but because of this turn’s event card it doesn’t.

Last one drops: first aid

I believe Bruno is planning to disable the alarm and crowbar the entrance this turn, leaving the door closed for now. But I think we could make a case for crowbar entrance + open door + leave alarm operating. That would get us two from the north and probably none from the east; we can hand Bruno the MG42 so that he can (with +1AP) shoot the newcomers.

I think we still can’t all get out next turn (we each need 3 movement points, +1 to unblock the trapdoor) but that looks reasonable.

Right now Bruno has 2AP left, having moved into the large tile:

Yeah, I was forgetting about the enemy from the N entrance moving E. So we can either move back into the cable car to guarantee we stay stealthy, preferably disabling the alarm first. Or one of us could stay in the room with the entrance, hope we are not spotted, then use +1 to eliminate him.

Cable car is the safest bet though.

Three, surely, being in enemy uniform? I’m not a Scout.

In any case, dump the two Bombardments, take the grenade and the crowbar, and block the E entrance. I’ll wait for the answer on APs before I proceed further.

COMaestro: if Officer and Medic use +1 to retreat, and do nothing but move next turn, they can get into the anteroom (small S room). Which might well be enough. If they stay where they are (possibly burning their +1AP on shooting the reinforcement/s) they can spend an AP on something else next turn and get to the anteroom.

JGD: Sorry, more fully I meant “Bruno has 2 normal AP (having used one to wall-hop into the large tile) and the saved +1 (that’s already shown on his card)”. I tend to think of the +1 as a separate thing because it can be used out of sequence.

I am good either way. Gotta figure, even if we get spotted and alarm goes off, we should be out in two more turns, with no real chance of enemies stopping us

OK. Turn off the alarm, and save my +1.

@RogerBW asked for a die roll:
OK: alarm is deactivated (south door is still closed), and medic and officer are waiting in the N entrance room. Everyone still has a +1 available.

Enemy reinforcements (N E S W):
enemy-2-hammer
enemy-2
enemy-2
enemy-2

Stealth checks. I think the dice roller can cope with more than one roll in a post; let’s find out.
d6: 5 medic spotted on 1-2
d6: 3 officer spotted on 1-2

Excellent! But I think I’ll close-combat kill him so that he doesn’t have the chance to spot Bruno when he moves east. (Medic spends +1AP)
Drops: TNT, which we probably won’t get to use but which can go in the medic’s pocket for now.
Enemies move east (none of them can). Nobody is visible.

Turn 18

(removed the tokens)

We can, and I think we all should, get to the exit room. We need to open the door, and shift the barrel, before we can leave; medic, lacking a saved AP, won’t be doing either thing.

Yep. Officer will move E, shoot the lock, grab a medkit, then move S and S using his +1.

Bruno will S, S, open trapdoor, save.

OK. And the medic just makes a run for it (3 actions to move, doesn’t have a saved one.)

We need to survive the enemy reinforcements, but there are plenty left in the bag, particularly with the alarm off; nor will they spot any of us. On turn 19

we all get out, and again the enemy reinforcements won’t deplete the bag.

Congratulations - we have succeeded!

Thanks, folks, for a good game. That was hairy in places, but the characters make a fairly good team. Shall we try them again in another scenario?

The only other 3-player operation we haven’t already PBFed is the Résistance scenario Victory, which I could set up easily enough. If anyone’s been following along and would like to join in, that would be a possible thing too.

I am up for continuing, and would welcome more players.

I have a complicated RPG to run tomorrow, but I’ll try to get the next mission set up on Sunday.

1 Like

Thanks for this.