V-Commandos: Freyja

Acknowledged. Up, S, +1.

Enemy reinforcements:

• enemy-2
    enemy-1
    enemy-2
    zero

Enemies move north. No visible commandos.

Turn 2

Well, thatā€™s handy.

Silent gunners move stealthily to the centre and shoot people, I guess. Just checked the rules, and enemies blocked outside an open entrance donā€™t pop in immediately thereā€™s a space for them, but wait until the next reinforcement step.

I remind the Officer to hand out those +1s (I forgot last turn too).

Hmm. An advantage of staying where we are: itā€™s a 3+ to shoot people on the central tile, as against a 4+ when theyā€™re in the side tiles.

Okay, Brunoā€™s Getting my +1 this turn, anyone taking a shot close to me let me know if you want a bonus. Iā€™m going E, getting crowbar, back west, save.

Can I have the shooting bonus too? I plan to move E, shoot N, move W, save, but the bonus die would help.

Fine by me unless anyone else objects

OK, letā€™s do it.
@discobot roll 3d6

:game_die: 4, 1, 1

Enemy to the N is down, Bruno is back in the W small room with a saved action. What did that German drop?

A grenade.

But hang on, if you moved stealthily to the central tile youā€™ve just spent five actions (move 2, shoot 1, move 1, save 1)

The medic, I think, is staying where he is and saving a +1.

I donated him my +1 token, Roger. My action was donate, east, get crowbar, West, save.

Yes, but I didnā€™t have a saved action before you donated that one. I forgot about the cost 2 for the medium tile, so I did E, shoot, W, and donā€™t have a saved action.

OK. @Lordof1 and @AstaSyneri to play.

Well I may as well crowbar the door shut and wait. Anyone want a +1 marker this round?

You gave the +1 to Bruno, I think.

Might as well hold on to the crowbar, because as far as I can see that gets broken through before the room being full comes into play.

Hang on, Iā€™m a bit lost. I started my last round giving the +1, then did two actions - donā€™t I save the last action as a plus one this round?

OK. Two separate things.

(1) you have three actions in a round, and one slot for saving one of them.

(2) completely separately from that, once a round for zero AP you can give someone a +1 action token. Which I didnā€™t see you do in turn 1, and in turn 2 I thought you gave it to Bruno.

Ohhh I thought I was donating the AP that I had saved, not a separate one - that isnā€™t clear on the character sheet, because it says I can also pick them up, which suggests itā€™s not a separate entity to the others? Are you sure your description is definitely how it works? Happy to play it that way but I read it rather differently - to me, basically once per turn I can rearrange already existing +1 tokens.

In turn 2 I gave it to Bruno, yes. Isnā€™t this turn 3 now? My turns have been:
Up, south, save -turn one
East, west (and donate and get crowbar for free) - turn two
The current turn - wait and offer out a plus one token.

It probably doesnā€™t help that the writers of the rules arenā€™t native English speakers.

ā€œPrendre 1 pion ā€˜+1 PAā€™ et le donner Ć  [ā€¦]ā€ has no implication, I think, of ā€œtake from another cardā€ vs ā€œtake from the stockā€.

Sorry, weā€™re still on turn 2 - I didnā€™t see your order in among the other posts last night. East, grab crowbar, west, save.

1 Like

As I mentioned I have a busy week. So when I am holding up things unreasonably, please feel free to take over my turn, Roger!

That being said - I donā€™t see much I could do that doesnā€™t give us a 33% chance to trigger the alarm (like Sneak E (1A), climb through window (2A), knife the (hopefully) unsuspecting guard at the alarm. If it doesnā€™t work, I am screwed, though.

Suggestions?