V-Commandos: Black Tea

:game_die: 4, 4

You are taking four dice from three attackers. Let’s assume you will reroll the 2-dice attack, and that that happens first.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 4, 1

OK, you can roll one of them:
@discobot roll 1d6

:game_die: 4

Which takes out the 1-pointer who hasn’t shot at you yet, leaving only the 1-pointer on the adjacent tile:
@discobot roll 1d6

:game_die: 5

So you’ve taken one hit. (The one you cheated dropped a Spotted token, by the way.)

Turn 2

My plan: kill the three near me.

Bother, missed an entry point on the south map.

enemy-3
zero

Bruno will simply save an action.

Hm, yes, when it’s just one soldier moving south you can choose for him to go the other way.

Medic shoots the enemies on his tile, twice if needed.

@discobot roll 4d6

:game_die: 4, 4, 3, 2

Two spotted tokens. Hey ho.

Second action, shoot east.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 6, 4

Drops a first aid kit. But I don’t want to risk two vis checks, so I’ll stay where I am and hope Death Cheater doesn’t draw the enemy through me to him again. Not that I’m bitter.

Over to @Lordof1.

Hi Roger. sorry about getting you nearly shot and all, but can’t I reroll 4 dice, not 2? My card doesn’t say anything about ‘the first time you are shot at’ so I’m assuming I can reroll every time I’m shot at, is that right? I may be confused about how this works.

That’s an interesting question. It’s clearly a once-per-turn action. The text on the card says “when this character suffers a shot” (my emphasis), but perhaps “up to four dice” (and the FAQ description “can only be used once per turn and only for up to 4 dice”) suggests that there are situations in which more than four dice would be suffered – and since there’s no weapon that does more than 4 dice that suggests that we might be looking at one shooting-action (i.e. all the troops on a single tile firing at a single commando) rather than one shot.

So you can’t have the 1-pointer on the next tile who actually shot you, but you can have the 1-pointer on your own tile who missed.

@discobot roll 1d6

:game_die: 4

Drops a first aid kit.

So you’re visible, but not sharing a room with any enemies.