V-Commandos: Black Tea (iteration 2)

Drops a uniform. Good news!

I’ve had a clarification of the rules, and we no longer need to run enemies on the north terrain now that everyone’s off it.

Enemy reinforcements:
N zero
S enemy-2
E enemy-2
W enemy-3

Enemies move W.

Turn 5

Proposal:
Medic: shoot, move, shoot (possibly shoot again)
Sniper: move, move, objective

The enemy in the large tile won’t move and won’t be joined by reinforcements, so on turn 6 we should be able to get out.

Sounds good. I can shoot as well if needed due to poor rolls, as I will not become visible, though the alarm will go off.

@RogerBW asked for a die roll:
Good point. That shouldn’t matter, but…

Medic shoots the one enemy in the tile under the compass:
2d6: 2 + 5 = 7 for 4+

Drops: spotted (no effect).

Medic moves E [1], drops grenade, picks up uniform, shoots E into objective space.
2d6: 4 + 6 = 10 for 4+, ideally twice

Yay! (Drops: MP40 and crowbar.)

Sniper: move E, move E, objective.

Reinforcements:
N: enemy-1-hammer
S: enemy-2
E: enemy-1
W: enemy-2

Enemies move W.
No enemy fire.

Turn 6

Nearly out, I think.
Apart from the enemy on the alarm, it’s a matter of (medic) move, open, out; (sniper) move, move, out. He makes it more complicated. Shall I use my +1 to shoot him, or do you want use yours to bombard him?

Also to consider: what equipment you want to exit with.

There are a lot of outdoor tiles at the fuel depot, so I think it might be best to keep bombardment for that. Crowbars are always useful as are enemy uniforms. If we put on the uniform, does that remove the token from our inventory? If so, I would like to don the uniform and pick up the crowbar. If not, drop grenade and pick up crowbar.

If we move to the large tile and get spotted, does the guard get a shot?

Putting on a uniform does indeed clear that inventory slot (but costs an action).

If we completely ignore the guard, he spots each of us as we enter the large tile and become visible, and will try to shoot each of us as we exit (assuming we don’t hang around until the enemy phase). So a single 2-dice shot at 2+ to hit.

If I take a shot and kill him (which is likely, 35/36), then I’ve burned my +1AP but we can get out cleanly.

Let’s get out cleanly then.

2d6: 1 + 5 = 6 for 2+

OK, Medic is out and the trap is open (and the alarm is active). 3 AP for you to get out; if you spend your saved one you can put on the uniform and pick up something else.

Okay, I will do that. Though I need to know what the enemy dropped before I can decide what I take. But I will don the uniforn, move E, move E, and down the trap door. Just need to juggle tokens.

Sorry!

A spotted token - which has no effect.

Okay, then just grab the crowbar before I move to the exit

1 Like

On the way to the fuel depot, we may each pick up one of: MP40, first aid kit, grenade.

Turn 7

(Note “enemy uniform” overlay on the sniper to remind me of this status.)

Given the event, I can’t help thinking that Scout might want to go straight into that middle objective room. He might even take a second TNT charge for another objective. (But the middle objective room will get reinforcements at the end of the turn.) Meanwhile perhaps Medic and Sniper go for the other corner objective.

Scout could: Up, N, plant, S. That gets him out of the middle objective room, and back to where there’s more TNT. How about that?

The only downside I see is that the reinforcement from the SE will be moving into the starting room. (And the one from the E will be moving into the middle objective room.)

Don’t we have to spend 2 AP (1 for Scout) just to remain stealthy coming up the stairs? They are in a medium tile, which I have not seen before?