UK games expo 2022

We’re going to be going to UKGE this year. Normally we go with a large group and spend most of the time in the open gaming area. This
time most of our friends aren’t going (for various reasons) so we need to occupy ourselves some other way. Does anyone have any recommendations for what’s good to do/see? Or is anyone else going who would like to meet up for a game?

3 Likes

I’m only there for Friday and it’s my first time.

Just going to follow my fellow travellers about and see what’s there, doubt I’ll have much time to game.

1 Like

I’m in a similar situation. I’ll be demoing for Wotan Games for at least some of the days; the 1 Player Guild will be getting together in the evenings but it’s not yet clear where and when.

3 Likes

Son #1 (18) and i will be there friday late aft until sunday mid-day. Very happy to meet up and play - we too try to spend as much time as we can trying out games.

1 Like

Definitely up for a tekelimeet, which sounds as though it’ll be happening on Friday.

1 Like

I’ll be there for 3 days. I’m up for a meet too.

Will be checking out Osprey, Ares, and Phalanx. WOTR card game is something that I am super keen on.

1 Like

I went 2018 and 2019 for the weekend, but probably only doing the sat if anything this year. Not being on Facebook means finding games with strangers was super difficult. They need some “players wanted” signs/balloons for the open gaming really.
If I do go I’ll pop a post on here and see if anyone fancies a hand of something :grin:.

2 Likes

Feeling rather hacked off, but having looked at the numbers and the (lack of) disease policy I’m not going to be going. Oh well.

I have a prepaid car parking space booked for Friday, Saturday and Sunday which can’t be cancelled; I’d be willing to amend that in favour of whoever’s first to PM me. Got two takers, thanks.

2 Likes

That is disappointing :frowning:
I will definitely be getting some good masks and wearing one at all times.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that

1 Like

I’ll be going from Thursday afternoon through to Sunday afternoon and working as a volunteer for the main part of Friday and Saturday. However, I’m free in the evenings (staying at the Hilton) and have never played any RPGs and am going to be there alone, so would be very happy to have someone to play with if you’ve got room on your tables.
Katy

13 Likes

Where/who are you volunteering for?

Welcome to tekeli.li, Katy!

For UKGExpo, just as a bod. No idea where I’ll be stationed at this point though.

Welcome! I’m there with some people who usually game in the Hilton in the evenings (board games rather than RPGs though). I expect we’ll have space for one more if you’d like to join us :slight_smile:

Yes I’d love to, thank you. Will you be there on Thursday? How shall I find you? Shall I wear a carnation? :joy:
Katy

1 Like

Probably best if I PM you on here when I know where we’re sitting. Otherwise you can always look for a short, ginger woman with a huge bag covered in patches - it’ll probably be me!

1 Like

Son #1 and I will be there Friday aft to Sunday lunch and very happy to join games when we can. Again, pms fine!

2 Likes

Thanks very much, I look forward to hearing from you then. I’m staying at a different hotel on Thursday night but I’ll come over to the Hilton to see what’s what anyway. I’m down to volunteer for 18 hours over the three days so I’ll mostly be playing in the evenings anyway. See you soon.
Katy

2 Likes

I’ll be arriving on Friday morning, but I expect there will be a few people about playing games on Thursday evening :slight_smile:

1 Like