UK games expo 2022

Thank you kindly.

I’ve got my own stand- 1-261, if you want to play Damask (or ask for a quick preview of the Die of the Dead expansion).

Otherwise on Friday and Saturday I intend to play loads of Blood on the Clocktower at the Ibis Styles nearby

7 Likes

Train just been cancelled - hop on the next train they say … not really a possibility for us given our circumstances.

So a long drive it is tomorrow … and no plane back up either. More room in the boot though …

Had an ‘interesting’ week and this keeps it up!

4 Likes

Day 0 - some of my friends got stuck for a while in the Bring & Buy queue to check in their games. I went there by 10pm and the line was very short.

Some manage to get their unofficial con by wandering the halls and have some demos.

We played Carcassonne.

1 Like

We are enjoying the 2022 new release: Queueing an hour for your tickets

Have a great time all, hope there are some meetups.

I understand why UKGE is on an early summer bank holiday, but much as I want to go I always find it hard to justify when it’s usually sunny.

1 Like

If anyone wants to come and say hello, I’m in the King’s suite in the Hilton. We are currently the only people in here!

1 Like

Son #1 and i currently crashed in hotel, if anyone at the expo and needs 2 for a game tonight let me know (he is 18 so all acceptable)! If not no worries!

We are at the crowne plaza so just a short walk. Well it would be short if i hadnt done it already 3 times back and forth …

1 Like

Ugh I’m jealous that Gutenberg was at UKGE. :frowning:

@lalunaverde how was War of the Ring: The Card Game?

Is there a release date?

We had a look at Gutenberg (didn’t play it) and it was absolutely the most beige thing I have ever seen :laughing:

4 Likes

I didnt had the chance :sob:

=============

Gutenberg looks so Euroy that I didnt bother knowing anything about it :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Only had an overview of Daimyo by Martin Wallace. Still not sold about it

Didnr had a chance with Bretwalda from Phalanx Games, as I have to see Performing Nerd, but a few of my friends said they liked it.

I have to say that Overstocked is the hidden gem of the expo. 20min filler game with shared incentives.

And it was great seeing @Whistle_Pig !!

3 Likes

Those fun wooden blocks plus spinny cogs are proper attractive to me. I am generally pro gimmick.

3 Likes

I’ve been home half an hour and have already been pinged by the Covid app :grimacing:

7 Likes

A and I back home after a return 300 mile drive (trains!) and now deep in to confronting the Dragon in Rime of the Frostmaiden. A bit tired but a great time had!

3 Likes

Only went on Friday. Drove from North Yorkshire with my wife (who got a first timer pin, I’m so jealous) and a friend of ours. The drive was quite pleasant both ways, quite an achievement for the A42 and M1. Got to meet Andrew Harman again at Yay Games, and put a deposit on his new Thunderbirds board game. Alex, my wife, was completely gobsmacked by the bring and buy - especially the number of seemingly never played board games. She couldn’t understand it!

Didn’t quite get the time to see everything, but Alex is already pencilling ourselves in for 2023. Bigger budgets. At least 2 days. Evening gaming! Woohoo, I’m so glad I found someone whose geekdoms align with mine!!

10 Likes