Twilight Struggle PBF, public thread

Thanks for playing everyone!

Shame it was so one-sided. A more balanced game would have been more interesting.

My comments are pretty comprehensive over at https://discussion.tekeli.li/t/twilight-struggle-pbf-benkyos-private-thread/ but obviously written without knowing your hands. I’m not sure if I have anything to add on reading this thread, but I’ll have a look.

3 Likes

For anyone who’s been following, I’m using the app. I know Ben, Luna and Chewy are on there with their usernames from here.

I think @Whistle_Pig posted their username upthread.

Anyone else, post your names and I’ll set up some games

1 Like

I’m on the app (chrislear, predictably), and I enjoy TS, but I have one infinite game going on (we just reset every time I lose - I mean every time it ends), and I’m so bad at ignoring the little icon on my phone that I don’t want to add more distraction, much as I’d enjoy it. Being an onlooker in this thread was the perfect level of additional involvement.

4 Likes

Well that was probably the fastest app purchase in years.

I’m on as fodder2567, but will likely be flakey as anything. Between work and child, my free thinking time is limited.

Aka, if you’re keen to stomp someone into radioactive dust, come at me.

6 Likes

I believe have the same name on playdek as on here. So anyone who wants to play, just add me :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have an account on playdek under this name as well. Having finally beaten the AI a couple of times in a row now, I feel qualified to lose against a human opponent.

5 Likes

i am on the app - DJCT. Will lose …

3 Likes

Just to inform you: I added you all (I think) to my friends list on the app. So if you suddenly see an invitation for a game pop up, that’s why :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I just noticed this exchange of Playdek names. I hope this experiment doesn’t put people off playing with me - I got lucky in this game, I don’t (can’t) sink this level of analysis into normal games, and I do lose sometimes! I’m in the process of losing 3 games at the same time against 3 different opponents right now…

3 Likes

You have become quite the legend. The main problem I experience with the app is that I can lose track easily if I have more than 3 games on (probably even with less); I have had big blunders considering I was playing as the USA when I was actually playing with the USSR, and vice versa (@Captbnut and @lalunaverde can testify to that). In a game with an expert, I know that is the beginning of the end.

But I would love to have a go against you, just for the experience of playing a different opponent. I’d like to say, I am still to beat a human being, so that may make me slightly more popular :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, I don’t really like playing multiple games at once, but I entered a small tournament that required starting two games while I had one ongoing. Once I lose them all I’ll have some free focus to spare.

3 Likes