Tunnels & Trolls: Quest for the Seal

@Shimmin takes the plunge with an adventure inspired by one of the greats of weird fantasy. Well. Loosely inspired.

Session 1: Stretched Warm Leather Armour: A new party, and a new quest. We just want you to get alone with the corpse.

Session 2: In Much The Same Way That Coal Is Fire Resistant: Obviously the best way to spy out the target is the guided tour.

Session 3: Nobody Thwops a Dwarf: I think we’ve found a dungeon. It looks like a dungeon, anyway, so let’s dunge it.

Session 4: Marty Jopson, But Longer: The true terror of the puns makes itself known.

Session 5: Captive Bolt Pope: Into the Tower of the Dead for the thrilling conclusion.

4 Likes

Ah, yes, the height and weight tables that assume all nonhumans are one-dimensional!

2 Likes

On the plus side, having now run a GURPS adventure for Roger and a Tunnels & Trolls adventure for Jon, I’ve exhausted my supply of nerves. Next up, performing open-heart surgery on a greyhound with Nick?

8 Likes

Nick rarely disappoints! Looking forward to the next episode.

5 Likes

Hey, welcome to the forum!

1 Like

I’m putting this on a plaque above my bedroom door.

1 Like

Session 2: In Much The Same Way That Coal Is Fire Resistant: Obviously the best way to spy out the target is the guided tour.

3 Likes

Quid erat demonstrandum :rofl:

The non-human characters sound as if they’re all small, dense spheres or long light rods. Can you make anything emblematic of them in Morse Code?

1 Like

TH, NS, DI or BE (obviously Tarathiel is in the lead).

1 Like

TH “You should navigate with caution.” (International Codes)

1 Like

Session 3: Nobody Thwops a Dwarf: I think we’ve found a dungeon. It looks like a dungeon, anyway, so let’s dunge it.

4 Likes

I thought this was a comment on my silly voices until I reread the thread, and was really struggling to work out the logic!

Session 4: Marty Jopson, But Longer: The true terror of the puns makes itself known.

2 Likes

Session 5: Captive Bolt Pope: Into the Tower of the Dead for the thrilling conclusion.

2 Likes

I’m only moderately disappointed that 10 feet off of Beale didn’t lead to an impression by way of “Walken in Memphis.”

The terrible Christopher Walken jokes continue in Walken Through Inktober 2016!

References were: this random video of some guy driving over the Hernando De Soto Bridge going into Memphis...

3 Likes

And, since we are now past the finish I think I can post this spoiler:

4 Likes

Yep, that’s the one!

They didn’t bump into Phariom in the end, but it was an option. He would have been extremely whiny.

2 Likes

Tunnels & Trolls has been acquired by Rebellion Unplugged, the TTRPG arm of the Rebellion video game company.

Indeed. They will, inevitably, produce a new edition, but they’ve already said they’re going to resume the previous policy of “go ahead and publish for T&T” rather than the previous owners’ “mine, mine, my precious”.