Tunnels & Trolls: Beneath Dark Elms

We start a new phase of what’s now looking worryingly like a T&T campaign

Session 1 - Her All-Seeing Elbow: The party gets back together for that most traditional of motives, money. Some need it for spells, others for vanity publishing.

Session 2 - Did You Say Toads?: On into the woods. Toads! Spiders! Brewers!

Session 3 - The Axes Of Shiny: How many subquests are there in this forest?

Session 4 - Ethereal Prog Rock Solo: All starts to become clear! Or, wait, no it really doesn’t.

Session 5 - Bravely Into Stupid Places: We try a whole new way of being Welsh badly.

Session 6 - A Variety of Plinky Sounds: Into the crypt. Maybe out again. Eventually.

Session 7 - Incentivised in a Particular Direction: They’re a bit… grabby down here. Includes a handy summary of Frustration of Purpose.

Session 8 - And That’s When You Start Vomiting Up the Demonic Bees: The RIGHT dungeon at last. Surely treasure and fame await.

5 Likes

You can find this adventure over on Drivethrurpg.com if you want to read along at home, run it for your players, or cheat if you’re part of Whartson Hall…

2 Likes

For US$3.72 it would feel like a very tawdry form of cheating.

1 Like

You’re right, of course. The Whartson Hall crew would only ever contemplate a much higher class of cheating :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

“Buying the GM a pint” is more traditional, though sadly challenging at the moment.

2 Likes

DoorDash UK or whatever it is doesn’t deliver beer?

Send to the home of my friend someone who’s going to have been exposed to twenty or thirty people already that day, and who can’t afford to stop working if he feels ill? I’ll leave that choice up to him.

3 Likes

Fair enough, although as I understand it most people around here are operating on a “drop it off on the front step and walk away” system to minimize contact.

2 Likes

Session 2 - Did You Say Toads?: On into the woods. Toads! Spiders! Brewers!

3 Likes

Session 3 - The Axes Of Shiny: How many subquests are there in this forest?

2 Likes

For Hot Chicken Pool, see this Something * Positive strip, and a few following it.

3 Likes

Session 4 - Ethereal Prog Rock Solo: All starts to become clear! Or, wait, no it really doesn’t.

4 Likes

Session 5 - Bravely Into Stupid Places: We try a whole new way of being Welsh badly.

3 Likes

I didn’t know there was any other way to be Welsh, honestly.

2 Likes

That hurts man, that hurts

2 Likes

Badly Welsh? Isn’t he on Doctor Who?

1 Like

I was mainly referring to my attempted accent rather than the Welsh peoples in general. I didn’t mean to offend, although if you listen to my accent then… well… you’ll probably be offended.

3 Likes

I’m Welsh but grew up in England. My Welsh accent is either Windsor Davies or from somewhere around Mumbai

2 Likes

Ah yes, the Welsh-Pakistani Accent Singularity.

3 Likes

7 Likes