Tunnels & Trolls: Beneath Dark Elms

Session 6 - A Variety of Plinky Sounds: Into the crypt. Maybe out again. Eventually.

2 Likes

The beta PDF of second edition Monsters! Monsters! just arrived, so I’ll probably run T&T from the monsters’ perspective again at some point in the future.

1 Like

I notice that some… recognisable… names have been changed. (“Shoggox”, “Balrukh”, clearly those couldn’t be inspired by any trademarkable names.) The Monsters! Monsters! session was one of the recordings that got me listening regularly to WH, and I’d love to play it…

1 Like

Ogre has become “Hrogr”, so I think a lot of it is simply that Ken likes playing around with the names. Once they changed Hobbit to Hobb (which almost certainly was a copyright concern, despite the fact that they stuck with Hobbit from 1975 to 2013!) it opened the floodgates.

They even changed the name of the main continent where the original T&T group played to Rrr’lff, in order to sound exotic probably. I rather like that it used to be called Rhalph :grin:

1 Like

Session 7 - Incentivised in a Particular Direction: They’re a bit… grabby down here. Includes a handy summary of Frustration of Purpose.

3 Likes

Session 8 - And That’s When You Start Vomiting Up the Demonic Bees: The RIGHT dungeon at last. Surely treasure and fame await.

3 Likes

How often is Whatson Hall the “Watch Nick get killed show”?

2 Likes

Not very often, but he does have a knack for it in some systems/settings.

I honestly wasn’t trying to kill him. Or his characters. Look, he actually made it out of the previous T&T adventures practically unscathed!

It’s just that sometimes you let the dice fall as they may; and in this case they fell on him from a great height. While still in a shipping container. Full of angry wolves.

With guns.

1 Like

Some characters are born to greatness, and others have werewolves thrust upon them.

2 Likes

And sometimes you have a climbing pick and a glass-windowed spaceship.

2 Likes

I’m recording that one as suicide.

2 Likes

Nick, you might find your characters last a little longer if they’re not objectively horrible people. After all, these are fantasy games!

2 Likes

A radical notion, but one worth pursuing.

1 Like

I must admit, even I wanted that little rat to bite the weenie. Sir Tolley, on the other hand, wasn’t quite so unpleasant.

2 Likes

There’s a difference between unpleasant and unlucky. When the opposition rolls so well that they are able to bring in multiple reinforcements then I’m afraid things are going to turn nasty.

2 Likes