Triplanetary… play by forum

As I read it, it’s just one turn at speed zero to do the action - so that would be your second formulation, as the ship is spending its entire turn n+1 at speed zero even if it’s applying thrust to do so. I’ll do the setting-up tomorrow.

I’ve got the setup done, but another player is potentially interested in joining.

I was slightly wondering. I’m off to Whitby soon, but I’ll have at least some spod while I’m there, so should be able to play.

Hello! I’m the ‘another player’. I’m relatively new to Triplanetary, but hoping to give this a go without burning up in the Jovian atmosphere or lithobraking on Mars too badly.

this is a test of hidden stuff

Hidden Stuff

1 Like

Ok. Trying this out.

Starting info

Ship 1: Transport Reality Graft (RG), startnig Mars direction B carrying one Automated Mine
Ship 2: Transport Bizarre Lag Phenomena (BLP), starting at Ceres

Turn 1 orders:
RG: Launch from Mars B
BLP: Hold at Ceres

Got a colour preference? So far we have green on purple, yellow on blue, black on red, and white on black.

Cyan (or light blue) on Brown, please?

OK, here’s everyone’s starting positions.

Player order:
Lordof1
MrTim
EyeZee
RogerBW
denisbloodnok

(which conveniently puts the two people in North American time zones next to each other)

Please check that this looks right, then @Lordof1 to play.

Wow, Mars is popular. Death to the invaders! Long live the noble true Martian belters. We, the Mars Mining Cooperative, are launching from Mars at F. Eat our red weed, oxygen guzzlers!

Just to reiterate my move from earlier, the Terran Mining Company is launching its flagship transport at Luna A.

L-7 Interplanetary Transport Reality Graft (z1), Launching Mars B
L-7 Interplanetary Transport Bizarre Lag Phenomena (z2), holding at Ceres

(Assuming the launch from Luna wants to keep that A vector - you can allow it to drop you to zero speed if you prefer.)

@denisbloodnok to play - you may depart from Ceres in the direction of your choice.

Ooh, it hadn’t occurred to me that I could keep the launch vector from Luna. This could alter my plan significantly. Go with that; I’ll have to scrap my previous moves, but I’m pretty sure I can work with that.

I can’t find the compass rose, but launch east, towards Clandestine.

L-7%20Interplanetary

1 Like

Based on my new launch vector, here are my updated moves to take me up to the same Turn X as before:

Turn 2

Thrust A

Turn 3

Thrust F

Turn 4

Drift (no acceleration)

Turn 5

Thrust D

Turn 6

Thrust C

Turn 7

Drift

Space travel takes so much less fuel when you’re not fighting gravity. I knew moving our headquarters from Albuquerque to Shackleton Crater was going to pay off!

1 Like

My turn 2:

Summary

L-7 Interplanetary Transport Reality Graft (z1), Thrust 1 in B direction (end speed=1)
L-7 Interplanetary Transport Bizarre Lag Phenomena (z2), hold at Ceres

Back from Essen, but rather tired. Will catch up in the next day or so, I hope.

Welcome back. See you tomorrow?

Yes, should be no problem to turn up in person.