Triplanetary… play by forum

Thrust F, and flip the bird out of the viewport as we pass

For interest’s sake, if we had combat in this game, we’d now be at -3 for range and -6 for 8 points of velocity difference, so completely unable to damage each other. Except with harsh language.

Turn 5

Coast again.

Just like a red, always crunching the numbers. Suck my fumes, Marvin!

Er, thrust E

Turn 6

Thrust A

Thrust C for my next trick

Turn 7

Thrust F

Maintains current course

Turn 8

Thrust A

Thrust C, I’m pretty sure I’ve lost but the main point was to learn to navigate so I think that was successful!

R: thrust A, and a B is added to my next turn’s vector for entering the gravity hex.

Turn 9

Thrust E, which is not how it works in real space travel.

Okey, thrust D here…

Thrust E, and I’m in orbit. You pick up an E from the gravity hex.

Turn 10

One thrust to land.

Thrust B, I think, puts me in orbit. Is that right?

Looks good to me, and you can land on your next turn.

(Only to find that the news has already been brought from Ghent to Aix.)

Thanks for playing! Now, if we can just drum up some more people…

Thanks Roger! Really enjoyed that, sorry if I seemed pedantic, I just wanted to be sure that I understood the rules. Very happy to play again.

1 Like

Since the space-time continuum’s bent,
Dirck, Joris, and I can leave Ghent
If we ride through the night
slightly faster than light
We can reach Aix before we have went.

1 Like

Well, if we get no more players, 2 suggestions: Mercury-Ganymede, or have a go at Escape?

I’d be happy to give either of those a go.

Well shall we try Escape to learn the weapons a bit? I’ll be the pilgrims?

OK, here’s a setup:

I’ll clip this to the actual ships in future unless you ask otherwise. Non-existent bases removed (and their detection zones, not that that matters) - what’s left are my refuelling points. Note nifty automatic stacking. Compass rose on request.

Pilgrim ships are Li (berté), Ég (alité) and Fr (aternité); up to you to pick one as the “real” fugitive ship.

Enforcer ships are Co (nformity) and Or (thodoxy), and I’ve randomly assigned them orbital locations and directions.

I have a proposed rule change on damage to take it back to the 2e version - it vanishes at the end of the phase corresponding to the phase on which it was inflicted. So if you take D1 in your turn 1 phase 4, it goes away at the end of turn 2 phase 4, not turn 1 phase 5. So you always have to put up with exactly one turn of disablement per D you take.

A clarification: the scenario says

Decoy ships are revealed only if the Enforcer matches course and inspects the ship in question.

I take “matches course” to mean “is in the same hex and has the same velocity vector”.

I suggest the first player should be Pilgrims, since you choose when to launch. (If you want to wait for my ships to be in different positions in their orbits, you can.)

Initial combat difficulty table:

LiÉgFr
Co20/0 = -2020/0 = -2020/0 = -20
Or1/0 = -11/0 = -11/0 = -1