Topic of the Biweek: Mindclash and Level99

So, I have BattleCON: Fate of Indines (2015) which I’m pretty sure is v2. I also have BattleCON: War of Indines (2014), which is the “original” game in the series, but 2014 means it’s… uh, v2? I have v4 Devastation, which I’ve already mentioned.

But then I also have BattleCON: Armory, which I think is a v2 voltron to any of the v2 stuff. Who knows; I was buying BattleCON stuff, mostly back in 2020 on the secondary market and/or liquidation sales. I think at the time I had played v3 on Tabletop Simulator and really enjoyed it.

I’ve put about 50 hours into exploring print-and-playing my way to v4 for Fate and War because I missed Unleashed. I’ve prepared a number of assets, but it probably needs another 50 hours to get it print-ready.

2 Likes

It would be really obvious if you had the original version of War of Indines. The later revisions are mostly balance changes but the War remaster was comprehensive. The original was very early in their history and it shows. (I got in with Devastation so I have only seen pictures.)

3 Likes

I played the level 99 bullet heart and empyreal. Liked them pretty well. I can’t really play bullet in real time with a timer but the race with an opponent fulfills the rush aspect enough imo.

I think the train one probably needs at least three players and something to make you feel like you need to try the kookier powers as the game is possibly too fast for its engine.

4 Likes