The resurrected miniatures painting and showing off thread

It’s a 3d resin print from printyourmonsters patreon in April. :slight_smile:
Thanks for the compliment!

2 Likes

Heh, it’s because of lockdown that I don’t have the time to do anything! That, and my work is still open.

2 Likes

The first month of lockdown, I got a tonne done. And then… nothing since then.
I poured a lot of energy and time into publishing a novel (woo), but since then I feel like I’m swimming through a creativity swamp. It’s just so hard to sit down and produce anything artistic…

And then the shutdown of the old SU&SD forums hit like a tonne of bricks.

Wah-wah, sob-stories-R-Me… I’ll get back to painting soon. The last batch of Yu Jing models for my army (the new “Operation Kaldstrom”) showed up a few days ago, so hopefully that will be the kick to get me back into it.

5 Likes

We have infinite capacity to listen to all stories, you know that @Marx

6 Likes

Just because you’re all awesome people that will listen if/when I complain doesn’t mean I should abuse that generosity. :slight_smile:

But thank you. This community is the best.

5 Likes

No paints yet but I’ve started the slow process of assembling my Operation Kaldstrøm. Here are the first two glued together next to other models for reference:

Accidentally in honor of Marx they are Yu Jing. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

There’s going to be so much cleanup on this resin…

4 Likes

Work yesterday had lots of waiting for things to save/resolve between efforts so the time ended up with a mammoth building session. All the Yu Jing from Kaldstrom and the associated dire foes box plus 3 Zhanshi from Red Veil

4 Likes

Two hours of cleanup later, and a hell of a lot of resin dust spewing off the Dremel… I think they’re done! Everything here was either 3D printed or sculpted by me :O.

13 Likes

Those are cool models! And the base is excellent.

A much less impressive WIP photo from me. Base colours all completed on my rifleman, which I find to be the most time consuming and least rewarding step. When the highlights get started the colours start to pop more.

6 Likes

I’m not sure if starting another diorama so soon was a good idea. I may have been a little ambitious. Just planning the layout…

Do ignore my painting handles (corks and coin stacks).

6 Likes

So many unfinished or unstarted minis:

But I do love my storage solution

5 Likes

Some nice imperial assault work there. I bloody hate painting storm troopers!
I’ve been hard at work on this stupid shelf-shaped diorama.

3 Likes

I needed a break from the diorama! Fancy cloak dude done!

7 Likes

Not painted yet but just constructed this limited run set of Valhallan infantry from Games Workshop. Old Skool metal. I’m a sucker for all the cool variations of the Imperial Guard …

6 Likes

I should also have noted that these were definitely not assembled furtively during work video and tele calls. Got that?

3 Likes

Classic. I had two voice meetings this morning from bed. None the wiser. Always paranoid about the camera turning on though.

My efforts today

I’ve done a bit more painting on the vampire diorama.

And I’ve started a couple of the vampires/monsters.

I also have the first few prints of a massive multi part “miniature” glued together. I may have gone a bit extreme here.

6 Likes

Finished off the lucky gods in Rising Sun

I’m really tempted to switch to traditional paints once I’ve finished Rising Sun. I’d like more of a solid popping colour. Contrast paints are decent but mostly not very bright.

Quite proud of the fish though! Turned out better than I expected.

8 Likes

Those are nice. The fish went particularly well :slight_smile:

1 Like

A quieter day here on the mini front.

4 Likes