The resurrected miniatures painting and showing off thread

And in record time! I need a break now!

10 Likes

Finished off the two Republican senators (the Trade Federation guy, and Riyo Chuchi, the Pantoran Senator). Pretty happy with how both turned out, actually…

Also whacked out some really quick terrain. I wanted to do the bunker the same way, but it’s just too big… I think I’ll actually have to slap some simple paint on it, if only for the ceiling and supports. But oh well, for now, these are all done now.

And lastly, the very last of my SW: Legion I have at the moment (and probably for a little while yet, since there are no signs of ARC Troopers on the horizon)

Since taking that picture, I have primed them… that’s a modified Boba Fett to act as the heavy weapon guy in my squad of “ARC Troopers” because why not… and because I had a Boba that somebody gave me that was missing an arm anyway.

12 Likes

I now picture the SW: Legion: Senate Expansion. PLAY the action as amendment XVIII of the Trade Bill is sent to committee!

3 Likes

I mean, you jest, but it could actually be done in a really interesting, engaging way. A Song of Ice and Fire (the miniature combat game by CMON) does a fantastic job of using an off-table “political” arena to directly impact the gameplay itself, in a way that would work in really interesting ways for Legion as well… the trouble would be doing so in such a way that makes sense for the Rebels and Imperials, and not just the Clones and Separatists. But even there you could have impacts from “rallying public support” or “sabotaging” by the Rebels and Imperial political machinations (the impact on enemies as a result of blowing up one of their planets, for example). And then deciding which heroes you want on the table vs when to commit them to the political arena (the Emperor, for example, is a tour-de-force on the table, but imagine if he was even better as a political operator… now you’d have to decide where you want him, since he obviously can’t be both places at once).

Anyway. Yes. Too late to put it into the game now without a full overhaul of the system, but it would be a neat inclusion into the game.

5 Likes

You joke, but my first megagame was based on a naval conference…

4 Likes

First wee bunch of my micro gaslands cars painted up. Been really enjoying working on these. Really quick to build and paint up and a fun way to use up a whole bunch of bits that don’t really fit elsewhere

11 Likes

Focused on just painting this one up tonight. Been toying with the idea of a camouflage pattern on the grey for this team, due to the military fluff of that sponsor; and the yellow’s probably crying out for some black chevrons/bars.
One to toy with from time to time, and tweak a little

9 Likes

I’ve been working on doing a better job of a face. Model still WIP.

8 Likes

Days off work whilst the wife is working and the little one is still in nursery are productive!

6 Likes

And another! Though I have a headache from the lights now! The orange has more shading than these pictures do credit.

7 Likes

They just keep coming!

7 Likes

Unbelievably I’ve finished another one. That’s the last of the nomads for now! Phew!

8 Likes

Finished up the last of my Clone army models: an AT-RT (casually called a “Rat”, apparently), and the last of my “ARC Troopers” (a DC-15 sniper rifle variant that hopefully nobody will give me too much grief about whenever I actually get to play the game. It’s a rifle, he’s holding a rifle, what more do you want?).

Next on the table is a model I’m painting for the Q4 Mayacast painting competition (“repainting” an old model… in my case, a Marut that I painted about 4 years ago. I don’t actually have to strip the original, just show my new paint job with my new Marut compared to my old one). The idea is to show how far you’ve come by comparing an old model to a new one… ironically, I am 99% sure my new Marut will look much worse than my old Marut because I used to spend time and effort to make models look good, and now I just want them done.

But that’s okay! The competition is random prizes anyway, and I’m just happy to submit something.

4 Likes

Liking the conversion/proxy. The scheme suits it :slight_smile:

1 Like

A sneak preview of my next infinity project. Still very much WIP.

6 Likes

Spoilers! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I have to say that I’m pretty happy with this dude :slight_smile:
Space police scheme.

8 Likes

It makes me think of Akira. Love the job you did on the base. And the mini itself, of course.

4 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile:. My favourite part is that he’s stopped in a keep clear zone. Future police doing whatever they want.

I’ve got a load more O12 models to do so more to come :smiley:

3 Likes

Just like they do now. I bet he has donuts on lunch break too :slight_smile:

2 Likes