The Daily Trickster - literally any news about trick taking and shedding/climbing games

He became a convert after playing Cat in the Box

2 Likes

3 days late, but here’s more Tricks from WEM

Make New Wasabi, Lay More Track in South Africa, and Teach a Dog New Tricks | BoardGameGeek News | BoardGameGeek

A Dad joke on the board game’s title, trains, and trick-taking. It’s like this article was written for me!

4 Likes

the Wasabi game seems to be made for @Lordof1 :smiley:

2 Likes

I like to think I have a better quality of dad jokes.

4 Likes

I’m sure you do.

2 Likes

It’s okay to be delusional :slight_smile:

1 Like

Candice’s PGC Con 2023 Round-up, or Got Tricks? | BoardGameGeek News | BoardGameGeek

2 Likes

Copying this from the Crowdfunding thread: Haggis and Tricktakers by Portland Game Collective — Kickstarter

4 Likes

Haggis and TRICKTAKERs by Portland Game Collective — Kickstarter

Aaaaand it’s live!

2 Likes

Was going to post that!

2 Likes

Always keen for a new tricktaker - bit expensive tho

1 Like

Good time to ask me for Nokosu Dice (or other Esseny things).

1 Like

The principles are pretty hazy, but the explanations are interesting.

3 Likes

New Mill Industries News | BoardGameGeek

I am considering grabbing some from their store: Store — New Mill Industries

Anyone wants to see if the shared postage is worthwhile for you? I would grab some of the pre-order ones so I won’t be getting these by AireCon in March

2 Likes

Ladies, Gentlemen and everything in between. I give you Xylotar!

A trick taker where your hand is organised by another player, so you know the relative strength of the cards and the colour, but not the rank.

2 Likes

Track Grail Games’ 2024 Card Game Collection’s Kickstarter campaign on BackerTracker (backerkit.com)

In case, anyone missed the Grail Games crowdfunding which includes Bottle Imp. I thought Bottle Imp is cool where you play hot potato with the bottle.

You can play a card that is higher than the value of the bottle imp. And if everyone did the same, highest wins. However, playing a card lower than the bottle is a Faustian play. The player with the highest “lower” card (hope that makes sense) wins the trick, but the winner gets the bottle.

The bottle’s new value is the winning card’s value. Meaning that the bottle’s value keeps going down. Which is thematic to the short story this game is based on

If you end up with the bottle at round’s end, you lose, regardless of points.

3 Likes

Anyone for a group buy?

£24ish for a single copy of bottle imp, or £12ish plus postage to your residence for 4…

Play with Matches, Learn the Xylotar, and See Your Way to Ditching Most of Your Cards | BoardGameGeek News | BoardGameGeek

A shedding card game about… the Seers Catalog :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Why why oh why has it been shoehorned into the ‘Werewolf Universe ™’

The original theme (owls guarding a fortress) looks way better and is more interesting

1 Like