The Daily Trickster - literally any news about trick taking and shedding/climbing games

BGG Podcast #15: Quirky Trick-taking Games That Excite Us, with Jonathan Cox | The BoardGameGeek Podcast | BoardGameGeek

Candice Harris with Jon from JonGetsGames had a trick taking episode

3 Likes

Missed the Kickstarter on these. There’s a couple I’m interested in (Twinkle, American Bookshop and Planet) but the postage is a killer.

I backed this on KS where shipping was much lower, I think ¥2000. Also ordered a bunch of copies for friends as well, which made the entire proposition very reasonable. I’m really looking forward to all three games. The package is already on its way but cheaper shipping meant no tracking info, so I’m ready to be surprised in 4-16 weeks.

1 Like

It was 2100 yen for shipping to Australia. Probably no tracking either, so I guess it’ll get here when it gets here. I don’t get a lot of stuff from Japan, no idea how long it takes.

Anyone is keen on having Cinderella’s Dance? It’s on me.

I’d like to try it. Before I commit significant funds to tracking down Japanese games

1 Like

PM me your address. Im doing a batch of dispatch today

1 Like

I’d be in for a copy of American Bookshop

1 Like

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/boardgametables/pies-mori-lunar-bacon?ref=ak3kg9&utm_source=5223preemail&__s=63fuuvtrel1k171k53h8

Bacon in particular (Haggis designer) looks great

Yup. Oh we’re on trick takers….

Sluff Off looks fun

2 Likes

Looks like Kosmos put out Inside Job without making a lot of noise about it. Only one play so far but it’s fun. It might have been the crowd I’m in. It might have been the game itself that entice us to accuse one another.

This doesn’t feel like a traditional trick taker, if you’re looking for one.

3 Likes

Dracula vs Van Helsing: Tame Dragons, Fight Dracula, and Make Cows Happy | BoardGameGeek News | BoardGameGeek

2 Likes

Announced on BGA that a reprint of Nokosu Dice is going to be available at Essen

4 Likes

Ooh. Rather enjoyed my one game of that.

2 Likes

Group order?

2 Likes

Oh yes please

1 Like

Happy to bring some back with me.

2 Likes

That would be great, I would love a copy if you could get it. Thanks

1 Like

I’ll ask people to confirm before I go, in the Essen thread.

2 Likes

Spacebiff is reviewing trick taking games all week. Is this a psyop??

2 Likes