I don’t think I can resist trick takers

2 Likes

UK shipping is pretty good. Not as good as EU though! Gah

1 Like

Lunar for Luna? You betcha!

(I’m backing the whole thing)

3 Likes

9 posts were split to a new topic: The Cherry Debate

The most egregious thing about the pie one is the pi on the pies.

5 Likes

Pies is a decent game.

Tempted, but doesn’t help my ‘own fewer games’ mission.

4 Likes

Just realised Pies is Pi Mal Pflaumen. It seems like exactly the same game, but the loss of the random inclusion of bugs and a German pun just makes it feel like a worse version of it …

2 Likes

After 19 hours, I cracked.

I really only want Lunar and Bacon though. Might forgo those free deluxe upgrades to save money.

2 Likes

It is not any help but I think Newman (mort creator) is one of the most interesting designers in the art.

His last two games are about the economies of an out of town cemetery and stealing goods from a soviet watch factory.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree, but I’m trying to reign in spending.

And I really enjoy team/partnership games, so picking the two that interest me most is a compromise.

Wow that campaign video is something else!

1 Like

Looks as though the Rallyman Dirt email is probably genuine, just really incompetently handled.

I wouldn’t have watched that otherwise, but you’re right – that’s not the average pitch :‍)

Why does The Blue Collar Guide to Worldbuilding for Tabletop RPGs display an image of someone with a white collar?

Just asking questions…

3 Likes

There is absolutely no way I’m going to buy this, but I just wanted to congratulate them on an excellent movie to make a board game out of:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1708218446/they-live-the-card-game-save-the-city-enslave-the-city

5 Likes

I was initially sceptical. I’m half tempted to back though. It’s a hidden traitor number so that’s ok by me, even though I am really bad at them. The thing is the price is low and it’s still affordable with the secret text sunglasses. Amazing

So I’ve never actually “played” Clank! or any of its iterations.

I have lied about playing Clank! and all of its iterations many, many times at work. I mean, it’s a Deck Builder. I’m pretty sure I know how Deck Builders work. Gain cards, pay with noise, run from the monster but make too much noise and ya lose. Got it.

But if I were going to play Clank!, it would almost certainly be the Legacy version because Legacy versions of stuff are often good, and I’ve heard nothing but good things about it.

So…

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/direwolfdigital/clank-legacy-2-acquisitions-incorporated-darkest-magic?ref=clhjwx

Maybe?

1 Like

I have played Legacy 1 and backed this. The pricing seems decent enough that I am reasonably sure retail won’t be much different, possibly more expensive. And not backing it means waiting…

The campaign page mentions that they have added some semi-cooperative elements to this campaign. I would like to add that we played our first campaign competitive cooperative… we both wanted to win but we also wanted our game to be the coolest possible and so sometimes we made choices in favor of cool game instead of wanting to win.

Also:

• I have played Fantasy or OG Clank! once on TTS. It’s a nice deckbuilder.
  • I have played a couple of rounds of my complete copy of Space Clank! I like space more than fantasy in general so I was always getting this one in favor of Fantasy.
  • And I can’t wait to finally get my copy of Clank! Catacombs which is in pre-order hell because I didn’t know German was coming so soon and ordered the English from a shop that never got any English copies at all it seems… :frowning:

Anyway. As deckbuilders with random card markets go, this is a decent one. I won’t say the best. But I really like the style, the cards, the whole premise of robbing the big bad of its treasure and getting away with it. Also deck builders with maps are cool. As are bow-ties.

2 Likes