Tekelilicon UK/Europe 2 28-29 January 2023

I enjoyed myself thanks. El Grande was great.
I’d be up for it if you did another one this year.

6 Likes

I live really close and I’ve somehow not made it to one of these. Next time for sure!

6 Likes

As long as receipts exceed outgoings once everyone’s paid, I will certainly do it again. Probably August-ish; the last couple of times we’ve wrangled dates in The Meeple’s Arms (forum section for frequent users) and then posted the decision here.

Also note Captbnut’s new title.

9 Likes

I have my play list as…

Deception: Murder in Hong Kong
Keyflower
Just One
Oceans
Gingkopolis
Turncoats
Scout

@Whistle_Pig I feel like I’ve forgotten something, is there another game that you’ve logged?

I think that’s a pretty good haul for an afternoon and a morning.

7 Likes

High society!

4 Likes

Thanks for organising @RogerBW. It was nice to put some usernames to real names and faces :grin:

8 Likes

My own plays for Saturday:

• Sentinels of the Multiverse Definitive Edition
  • Tsuro ×2
  • Xia
  • Rush ‘n’ Crush
  • Flash Point Fire Rescue
  • Rallyman GT

and Sunday:

• Onitama
  • Ginkgopolis
  • Turncoats ×2
  • Scout
  • Crokinole
  • The Quacks of Quedlinburg
  • Citadels

@Whistle_Pig who was it you said was a good UK supplier of Crokinole boards? I feel an expensive purchase coming on.

5 Likes
2 Likes

That was great fun. Thanks everyone!

4 Likes

That was great fun! It was nice to meet some of you again, and just as nice meeting some of you for the first time.

I left with the hope that real fire service isn’t anywhere near as cynical as our Flash Point crew! I still feel a small pang of guilt for the dude we abandoned in the fiery basement because it was too much effort to rescue him. More so because he was still alive come game end, albeit unlikely to be around long enough to collect his pensioners’ bus pass…

Huge thanks again to Roger for organising. Hope to see everyone at the next one! :grinning:

7 Likes

Shh. It was a mannequin. Definitely a mannequin, very sophisticated. It’s all okay.

Lovely to see you again and spend a day gaming with you :slightly_smiling_face:.

3 Likes

In the table lore, this was someone’s Internet fireworks business, and he was one of the orphans in the basement packing up the orders…

5 Likes

Also I checked the list and he hadn’t paid his fire protection money.

5 Likes

That’s a very Ankh-Morpork approach to the idea of a fire brigade…

6 Likes

Fairly true to life in many civilisations!

Its how Crassus made a lot of his money.

“I see your house is burning down there. Would you like me to save it?”

“Oh yes please!”

“Ok, Ill save it if you sell it to me for 1/10 of its value.”

“What!? That’s not fair”

“Fair enough” - watches house burn and ends up buying it anyway for even less.

4 Likes

Relevant Tom Scott:

2 Likes

Now you mention it, I do tend to boardgame like an Ankh-Morporkian, although I’m pretty sure Veterinari wouldn’t go for my singing…

3 Likes

Just finished adding up donations - we haven’t made a profit this time but nor have we made a significant loss, so I can afford to do it again. Thanks to all who were able to contribute.

7 Likes

Hi

Is another one of these events happening?

Thanks

I was hoping I could get some other admin in place which would significantly reduce the cost - but that doesnt seem to be happening right now. I’ll take a look at possible dates this week.