Tekelilicon UK/Europe 2 28-29 January 2023

Tekelilicon 2 will be happening on 28-29 January 2023 at the Bourne End Community Library. (That’s the Bourne End in Buckinghamshire, not the one in Hertfordshire.)

Wakeman Road
Bourne End
Buckinghamshire
SL8 5SX
51.57939 -0.71056

Saturday: 9am-11pm
Sunday: 9am-6pm

The library itself will only be open until 2pm on Saturday; if you may need to get in once the main door is closed, make sure you have my phone number so that you can call/Signal to be let in. Note that I will be letting you in by the door on the left, the one under the “Welcome to the Princes Centre Bourne End” canopy.

The venue is wheelchair-accessible.

There’s no food immediately on site, though we do have the use of the staff fridge, sink and microwave. Outside there are small instances of Morrisons, Marks & Spencer, and Tesco, as well as several restaurants and a Costa.

There’s a charge for parking: last time I paid £4 for all day Saturday, £1 ditto Sunday. Bourne End station (BNE) is about 250m away on the flat. (There are local buses too, but I don’t recommend them.)

I am still in favour of masking.

Suggested donation £25 for one day, £40 for two days, but whatever you can manage is welcome.

original thread starter

There’s a bit of a gap in the calendar of conventions I go to, between Handycon in January (which may not be happening anyway) and Airecon in March. So I’d like to run another Tekelilicon.

The most popular weekends in a poll of the forum regulars were 28-29 January (probably a week after Handycon if it happens) and 25-26 February (two weeks before Airecon). Does anyone have a strong feeling about one or the other? Are there enough people up for it to justify renting the library again?

10 Likes

Totally up for it

3 Likes

January is more possible than February.

Will need to confirm

1 Like

Either works for me although January usually needs more fun in it.

2 Likes

Yep, either.

2 Likes

I’ll just go with the flow and see if I can make it. Hopefully if there are train strikes again they miss the event.

3 Likes

I can do January. Would travel up after work on Saturday lunchtime and head home on Sunday lunchtime/ mid afternoon

@mistercrayon want a lift?

1 Like

If anyone going wants to buy a lot of Root it would be a perfect way to not post it

2 Likes

I take it there’s enthusiasm for Saturday + Sunday as before?

4 Likes

Yes from me

4 Likes

Sure! I’m a terrible passenger tho’

3 Likes

I’d potentially be interested (family commitments permitting). Whereabouts would it be?

1 Like

Unless someone has a really amazing venue to offer, same as last time: Bourne End Community Library. There’s a car park outside, and a railway station a few minutes’ walk away (trains to Maidenhead).

1 Like

The room is booked, same hours as last time.

2 Likes

Do you have that postcode please?

SL8 5SX
or WGS84 51.57939,-0.71056

1 Like

Tickets for two please… Looking forward to seeing some of you folks again

2 Likes

Still fixing the cost but probably about the same as last time. Same arrangements too - supporters welcome, money on the door welcome.

2 Likes

The first Tekelilicon was more fun than really should be legal so I am already looking forward to its sequel!

7 Likes

Just came across this (hello Roger!) - nice to discover another local con :grinning:
I’ll keep the Saturday free, but the last Sunday of the month is usually reserved for the Maidenhead meetup group’s Party Games so I’ll probably be looking after that.

5 Likes