Star Trek Ascendancy game 4

So: there is no civilisation here, so Vulcans can’t drop an ambassador. Vulcan and Federation may exchange trade agreements, decide what to do about the planet, etc. End of Vulcan turn; to keep the game moving, I’ll carry on, but if anyone wants to hold until those negotiations are completed you may.

Card 3: Borg (NPC)
Card 5: Romulan (@Assussanni)

Interesting but unfamiliar word. Is that like cutting humanoids into pieces?

Romulan Build Phase

Build 2 ships at Romulus.

Romulan Command Phase

Commands 1&2: ship at Romulus warps to Goralis.
(Push Goralis up to the board edge and then swing the Neutron Star round anti-clockwise as far as it will go)
Commands 3&4: ship at Neutron Star explores at warp, doing a similar zig-zag thing to what the Vulcans did to end approximately south of Romulus.

@RogerBW asked for a die roll:
After C2, ship from Romulus encounters the Goralis hazard; lost on 5+. d6: 6

C4 exploration from Neutron Star:
Space lane: d3+1: 2
System: Tau Cygna V (H6 PPC-4)

Ship at Tau Cygna V lost on 6: d6: 4

Exploration: Warp-Capable: Level Two

To summarise, I think this is where you are after C4, with two commands left:

1 Like

Yes, trade negotiations. Would you like Culture, Research or Production? And I’ll take your 3 Production trade deal.

For three production I will accept the culture card.

Many thanks!

1 Like

In terms of the planet, it would make sense if I would colonise it.

You don’t want to put down a 6th node and attract the borg and that way you can put down an ambassador?

@Assussanni asked for a die roll:
Commands 5&6: another ship at Romulus warps to Goralis. Will this one explode? Ship is lost on 5+: d6: 5

Yes, it will! Ship that was at Romulus is lost. End of turn.

Romulan ships explode a lot.

Is it because of the tiny black holes?

1 Like

Must be. The “confined” artificial singularities keep escaping.

1 Like

Card 6: Klingon (@Lordof1)

Build phase: commit research to the mighty Klingon project
Build 2 new glorious Klingon vessels.

Command phase: first, our brave Klingon scientists have another poke at this nebula to pull the research out. Klingon sensors have determined this is extremely safe with zero chance or failure given previous experience in this location.

C2: into and out of warp for one of the ships at Kronos to explore a third spaceway. After that I’ll see where I am.

• C1 Brave Hazard at Paulson Nebula, ship lost on a 6: d6: 3
  • C2 exploration: how do you want to rotate the existing systems and which way do you want to explore? (They can get rotated later, but you can’t move one space lane across another, so if e.g. you went NW from Kronos in the current arrangement you wouldn’t be able to swing this new system across the others to get it to the edge.)