Spirit Island PBF - Interest?

I thought I might dip my toes into the whole running a PbF thing and wondered if anyone might be interested in a game of Spirit Island?

What? A game of Spirit Island. Specifically the base game only. Sorry if that disappoints the Spirit Island faithful we have here, but this will be the first PbF I’ve ever run and I only own the base game. I want access to the physical components just in case I suddenly discover I need something critical.
When? Starting sometime shortly after TekeliliCon/the beginning of February, if there is enough interest.
Who? Up to 4 players, and one of them could be you! I may be getting ahead of myself here, but even if it looks like there are already enough players please express your interest. That will encourage me to either (a) run a second, (bigger?) game after the first or (b) run a second game simultaneously, which I’m sure couldn’t possibly go wrong.

Sign up below if you’d like to join me on my first PbF adventure. Some indication of previous Spirit Island experience, if any, would also be useful, e.g. your preferred difficulty level.

4 Likes

I’m game! Surely it won’t last as long as the TI4 game did!

2 Likes

I’ve played a few times and would be happy to try it here.

2 Likes

Oooh, can I be a third leg??

2 Likes

I’d play, would love to have the rules reinforced

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind a go if you go for the more player option! I’ve played a few times too.

1 Like

Lovely stuff. For 5 player it looks like I only need images of the extra island boards, which are very helpfully on the wiki. As a bonus it also means I get to build the island in the shape of a crab!

I will start laying the groundwork this weekend.

1 Like

I don’t mind observing so it’s a standard game

It’s up to you. I don’t think running it for five will be much more difficult than for four, so please do join in if you would like to.

I hope everyone who attended TekeliliCon had a great time.

I think I’m most of the way to getting everything I need I order to kick this off.

Assuming I manage to upload it correctly, does anyone have any feedback on this example board image?

My main thought is that I’ll make presence solid discs rather than the icons. I also tried a paler colour for the Dahan huts on jungle and mountain terrain on the bottom board, which I will probably stick with.

I’m thinking I’ll put the Fear, Healthy/Blighted Island and Ravage/Build/Explore stuff either down the side or as text. And each player’s Spirit Board, Hand and Discard in its own image after the board inside collapsible “Hide Details” blocks.

4 Likes

I :hearts: Love Island!

1 Like

Carcinisation. It’s a thing. Live with it. :slight_smile:

Seems pretty clear though maybe a greater distinction between the five individual board units? (Or just less border between the tiles that are on the same unit.)

1 Like