Sizes of boxes that feel... right

@pillbox beat me to the inis play. But cyclades titans did the same trick.

2 Likes

The only game I’ve done this with is Kingdomino. Not a huge space saver but still satisfying

1 Like

Ghost stories in the skinny expansion box was a satisfying squeeze.

4 Likes

Ooh, I shall have to try that. (Usually I just put things in the main box.)

1 Like

I just dumped the full game rules in the main box and relegated it to the attic pile of expansion boxes. BGG can cover me if I need a quick refresh.

2 Likes

When I bought Age of Steam Deluxe edition. I thought, it’s one of my faves, so I’m more than happy to pay deluxe price with a deluxe box. Huh. Now I’m getting sick of the damn box. I have placed all the non-map components in the Expansion Volume I box, including all expansion contents. So they are all in one place. Then I put all the maps out where they can roam the shelves as free-range maps. And when I bring the game, I can mix and match which maps to bring, and don’t need to worry if I forgot to bring the associating expansion component with those maps. I did kept some component trays as they still fit.

I defo thrown away the dumb-as-fuck insert that houses the trains. I’ve seen people struggle getting them out. Whoever designed that insert deserves a slap in the face.

End result:

7 Likes

After some faff with Royal Mail, Bullet :star: arrived!

And after removing the insert, I’ve managed to fit everything from both games into the new box (also the box for the first game was damaged, so I got it cheap).

10 Likes

Version 2 of GOA storage: bag all the heroes instead of putting them in dexk boxes. Put everything inside New Frontiers box and there’s still space.

Storage size reduce by approx 40%

3 Likes