Selling/ Buying/ Trading Games

I’ve decided to sell my copy of Mysterium.
£25 including postage within the UK if anyone is interested.

6 Likes

I highly recommend this game (but already have a copy).

6 Likes

It’s an excellent games, but sadly I live in the land of people who hate co-ops :frowning:

6 Likes

Loony Quest very good condition - just pay the postage - UK: £5 / EU: ask for a quote.

4 Likes

Hey probably a longshot but is anyone in North America selling a copy of Tigris and Euphrates?

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Spirit Island Discussion

I placed an offer on a not-in-shrink-but-unpunched copy of 18OE. My offer was high enough that I had to hold an emergency budget meeting with my partner to discuss whether I could make the offer to begin with. The potential seller countered with another 16% on top of what I had already offered, so I had to walk away.

Mood:
:sob:

4 Likes

Hearing of your struggles on 18OE both saddens me and makes me relieved I got mine before the publisher sold all their stock.

Did you press the seller with less than a further 16%?

I didn’t. Because more than likely, he’ll be able to get his asking price once he posts it on the BGG marketplace. I happened to spot him organizing some games in a Geeklist in preparation of selling them and started talking to him about what all he was selling; so even though he hadn’t listed 18OE, I asked him about it since it showed he had a copy and he said we was, indeed, planning to sell it.

I offered a bundled purchase but by the time he got back to me, he had already sold/changed his mind about the other game in the bundle and so the whole thing kinda soured me on the deal.

So, I expect to see a copy of 18OE pop-up in a geeklist auction in the next few days and it’ll probably sell for whatever price he puts on it.

2 Likes

Muhahaha!
Someone just came by to pick up my Big Stupid Box of Cards Against Humanity :slight_smile: Sold!

For way less than I paid, but I am just happy to be rid of it… we considered giving it to family who previously enjoyed it and decided we didn’t want that kind of humor to persist somewhere close to us.

Now I am off to ebay kleinanzeigen to try and get rid of more games.

7 Likes

OMG, I put my Smashup set on there and it includes 3 expansions that are apparently “rare” … it’s already gone. Whatever. Teaches me to ignore how important expansions are to collectors.

4 Likes

It’s UK Maths trade again, folks

4 Likes

The less good side of Maths Trading; when you take your game to the post office and it weighs this much more than 2kg and it doubles the price of posting.

2 Likes

It’s so upsetting. I have a game to post that’s about 1700g. Trying to pack it securely with 300g of packaging isn’t my favourite puzzle I’ve done. The add on sales for hermes annoy me enough that avoiding them seems worse than the packaging puzzle though.

3 Likes

And my local post office isn’t taking tracked-48 parcels at the moment, which was the cheapest option for 2.5kg, so I have to go into town tomorrow…

2 Likes

As my wife and I are work from home and our post office regularly has 30 minute queues I’ve eaten the 72p for a parcel pickup for pretty much every package.

3 Likes

I’ve been eyeing Magical Athlete for a long time. Recently I found a copy new-in-shrink for a reasonable $35 + shipping. Why can’t I pull the trigger on this? I’ve spent more on less interesting games.

I guess I’m just under the assumption that we will eventually see a reprint/retheme/reimplementation of it… or, if not, then it’s not good enough to add to my already over-bloated collection.

1 Like

I read that in some languages - I think a landlocked country with a high tradition of marathon running - the word for “road” is the same as “athlete” and the word for “boat” is “magical”

6 Likes

It is a silly game, played for laughs, that requires 3-5? players. I’ve had some very good times playing it with sceptical people who were won over, but it’s only something I’ll bring out occasionally, specifically when people are looking for something light and easy.

1 Like

Yeah, nothing I need (what a weird concept).

But I would not complain if a cheap copy popped up. Sadly I think $50 is just more than it’s worth