Selfie Thread! (Redux)

I favour a Tilley most of the time, but I have some silly ones which I’m saving for possible future selfies.

5 Likes

Photo’s a few years old by this point, but I’ve done this routine twice already since lockdown. Also: Hullo, all! Lookin’ good!

12 Likes

The view my friends have any time we play board games online:

13 Likes

Accidental selfie today as I had a virtual Sunday lunch with the parents. What a silly face :smile:

11 Likes

Turned our living room into a cinema for the day

12 Likes

My userpic is a selfie, but I also have a tendency to mention my husband quite a bit when discussing playing board games so here’s a joint selfie with him.

We met at a board game group, our first trip together was to a board game convention (SHUX), and we got engaged at the same convention 2 years later. In normal times, probably 75-85% of my board game plays are with him, perhaps with other people and perhaps just two players. In quarantine times, it’s more like 90-95% with him, with the rest being solo games when he’d rather play video games.

This selfie was taken in a porthole window on our cruise ship wedding two months ago today. The day we got home was basically the last time I left the house for anything except doctor appointments.

18 Likes

@Brattyjedi that’s a wonderful photo! You both look so happy! Maybe you should just view the lockdown as a very extended honeymoon. (Assuming you don’t have a ton of work to do obviously).

Thought I’d share an amusing selfie. We had to do a “Movie challenge” for this weeks quiz. Basically, bargain basement cosplay. Here is one of my attempts… (I did princess Leia as well, but my son is in the photo so I can’t upload that one…)

Raiders of the Lost Ark

BONUS! Nibbles the Guinea Pig.

12 Likes

I’ve gone full Hunter S. Thompson today.

11 Likes

12 Likes

They say never meet your heroes, but I wasn’t disappointed.

12 Likes

Who is that human?

3 Likes

It must be a pet; it resembles Snobbydolphin’s avatar.

(all of that, of course, reminds me of:

)

3 Likes

Not actually a selfie as it is clipped from an online article, but just doing my bit to support the theme of fifty-odd, pallid, and not appearing to be a woman.

45215916_10155544881896930_6068757869778436096_n

11 Likes

Nice pallor you have there!

4 Likes

You’ve got red on you

3 Likes

Barber shops are open in NH again, yay! I no longer require a hat. Still need to wear a mask though.

8 Likes

I’ve found that the easiest way to deal with the haircut problem is to just stop growing hair. I’ve been doing it for years.

7 Likes

My youngest(6) had a zoom class today. He has 100% ZERO interest. So me and his therapist or his uncle try to help him engage.
4 mins of class while I gave him a piggy back ride, when he dropped weight I set him down and he ran off. I collapsed to the ground and he came n sat on me the rest of class. He was actively responding the rest of class, until his brother came pushed him aside and sat on me. His 87 pound brother.

10 Likes

Don’t worry, it wasn’t my own.

My brother was living with a guy who had access to a film studio’s makeup materials and went as a zombie Willy Wonka with a team of zombie Oompa Loompas. It was quite impressive. We were just visiting, but there was plenty of powder, latex and blood to go around.

4 Likes

I owe a less helmeted selfie and today we managed to get ourselves to our favorite beer garden for the first time this year and I had to take a selfie.

The bottom becomes readable when you look down into the empty glass and it says „Oiner geht noch“ meaning „One more is fine“

This is at our local brewery that makes the absolutely best beer in the world :slight_smile:

9 Likes