Regicide PBF recruitment

OK, so that makes a total of 3 points, with spades and diamonds active. You’re up against diamonds, so that has no effect. Spades 3 knocks Attack down to 7; 3 knocks Health down to 3. 7 damage incoming, @lalunaverde: discard the 7 diamonds?

yes please

Castle: J♦ attack 7 health 3, + 11 more
Current damage done: 7♣ A♠ 2♦

Discard: 10♥ 7♦
Tavern: 22

Assussanni hand: 8♦ 3♣ 7♥
lalunaverde hand: 8♥ 5♦
Captbnut hand: 8♣ 9♠ 3♠ 4♦ 5♥
GeeBizzle hand: 7♠ 2♣ 9♦ A♣ 4♠

@Captbnut, over to you.

I recommend grouping any multi-card plays together in the damage log, because that’s crucial information whenever clubs are included. I put them in columns when I play. Here I’d suggest:

Current damage done: 7♣ (A♠ 2♦)
1 Like

I’m guessing I kill the Jack/ Juggernaut (from the rules) with my 3.

Exact kill so it goes into our deck?

Makes sense to me.

Which means you get another turn with the new enemy:

Castle: J♥ attack 10 health 20, + 10 more
Current damage done: 

Discard: 10♥ 7♦ 7♣ A♠ 2♦ 3♠
Tavern: 23

Captbnut hand: 8♣ 9♠ 4♦ 5♥

Don’t know whether to do 16 damage with my 8, or protect myself with the 9

Do I get 2 cards again? If so I could go 8 clubs and 4 diamonds for another clean kill

For clarity, spades protect everyone, as an ongoing effect against that opponent.

You can use as many cards as necessary to defend, but you can only attack with multiple cards when you have either an ace or a combo (multiple cards of the same value with a combined total of no more than 10).

2 Likes

Tricky call already.

Just to be clear, I’ll need to discard cards of value 10 if I just attack?

If you attack with spades then the counter-attack will be weaker. Your 9 of spades does 9 damage and permanently reduces the opponent’s attack by 9, so you (and subsequent players) will only have to discard card(s) worth at least 1 point when defending.

If you attack with diamonds, hearts, or clubs, then you will need to discard card(s) worth at least 10 points when you defend, as no spades have yet been played against this opponent.

You guys are insane! Good luck :slight_smile:

Just a clarification. You can’t combo Animal Companions. They can only be played on their own or with 1 other card (which could be another Ace).

9 Likes

Welcome to the forums, Luke; and many thanks to you and the rest of the team for such a great little game!

Thanks also for the clarification; my mistake. I can’t think why aces would be excluded from combos, mind… kinda curious as to whether that’s purely thematic, or if there’s a gameplay reason why you wanted to prevent that?

So as I see it your attack options are:

• any single card
  • any single card + A
  • 2-4 matching numbered cards with total value ≤10

9 of spades it is.

I want to keep my diamonds, so I’ll discard the 5 of hearts for damage

1 Like

As you’re here, Luke : ) … the instruction booklet is my only complaint about the game on account of the text being unnecessarily tiny and genuinely difficult to read for those of us whose eyesight is less than ideal. In any future reprint, I think it would be great if this could be addressed. It’s a lovely design and production in all other respects.

Play 9 spades. Attack drops by 9, so does health. Discard 5 hearts to absorb damage.

@GeeBizzle is up:

Castle: J♥ attack 1 health 11, + 10 more
Current damage done: 9♠

Discard: 10♥ 7♦ 7♣ A♠ 2♦ 3♠ 5♥
Tavern: 23

Captbnut hand: 8♣ 4♦

So if I played a 2 :clubs: and A :clubs: is the attack 12?

I don’t think so; I think suit powers are either in effect or not. (The rules don’t make this explicit; in fact there are several places where I’d like to rewrite them.)

1 Like

Ok so with that in mind I can either totally overkill and squander resource or play it safe.

I’ll attack with a 4 :spades:.

Which gets rid of any pesky attack powers.