Regicide PBF recruitment

Hi Phil! Yeah the animal companions are just different to everyone else. To be fair, if you are playing 3 aces together you’re probably in a terrible position so doubt that it’s inflating any win rates :slight_smile: In the combo rules we state all the legal combinations since it is a little confusing.

Fair call on the rulebook. We were pretty limited to the 12 pages (manufacturing restrictions etc) but it could have been a little bigger. The learn to play video can fill up your whole screen though which is nice! :slight_smile: As a fellow wearer of glasses I’ll keep that in mind for the next round.

2 Likes

I’ll play the 4 of Hearts, then defend the ten damage with the 3 of Clubs and the 7 of Hearts.

OK, 4h does 4 damage, and transfers four random cards from discard to the bottom of Tavern.

@lalunaverde to play.

Castle: J♣ attack 10 health 16, + 9 more
Current damage done: 4♥

Discard: 3♣, + 8 more
Tavern: 19

Assussanni hand: J♦ 10♦
lalunaverde hand: 8♥ 5♦ 2♥ 6♠
Captbnut hand: 8♣ 4♦ 10♠ 6♣
GeeBizzle hand: 7♠ 2♣ 9♦ A♣ A♥

6♠️. Discarding 5♦️

Just to butt in here, from my understanding of the rules, the 2 and A of Clubs would be 6 damage ((2 + 1) * 2).

Also, doesn’t the person who defeats one of the castle cards pick who goes next?

Figure with the designer coming in now and then, it’d be good to confirm. I already learned that the spade defense lasts until the card is defeated by reading through this thread. :slight_smile:

I don’t believe so. My rule book says the same player faces the new opponent from step 1. If you play a Jester then you do pick who goes next, though – perhaps you’re conflating those two things?

I think you did pretty well to win a game without using that. You could probably mentally upgrade that to a Silver victory : )

1 Like

Yep, that’s exactly what I was doing! Only played solo, so it has not mattered yet. And since the Jester rules are completely different in solo as well, I was not remembering where I read that rule.

6♠️ knocks down attack to 4 and health to 10.

@Captbnut to play.

Castle: J♣ attack 4 health 10, + 9 more
Current damage done: 4♥ 6♠

Discard: 3♣, + 9 more
Tavern: 19

lalunaverde hand: 8♥ 2♥
Captbnut hand: 8♣ 4♦ 10♠ 6♣

I’ll go for another exact kill, 10 of spades please

OK, attack reduction is irrelevant. J♣ goes to top of Tavern.

You now face:

Castle: J♠ attack 10 health 20, + 8 more
Current damage done: 

Discard: 4♥, + 12 more
Tavern: 20

Captbnut hand: 8♣ 4♦ 6♣

8 of clubs please for 16 damage

Discard other 2 cards (unless that means I die)

1 Like

It’s fine to have no cards in hand (so long as this isn’t still the case when you next need some : )

To keep it ticking over. Thanks to the captains move, I will play the 2 :clubs: for a kill.

1 Like

Captbnut plays 8♣, 16 damage; takes 10, discards 6 and 4.
GeeBizzle plays 2♣, 4 damage, an exact kill, puts J♠ on top of Tavern
GeeBizzle gets another turn:

Castle: Q♦ attack 15 health 30, + 7 more
Current damage done: 

Discard: 8♣, + 16 more
Tavern: 21

Captbnut hand: 
GeeBizzle hand: 7♠ 9♦ A♣ A♥

(Hmm, perhaps not the best time for a diamond to turn up…)

lmao are you kidding me

Ok not so bad. I’ll play A :clubs: and 7 :spades:.

Which should do 16 damage and take the queen down to 0 attack?

That badger may have saved our bacon.

1 Like

A+7 = 8, 8 club is 16 damage, but I think it’s still 8 spade bringing the attack down to 7.

1 Like

Damn it! Your right. I think it’s my only move. Although it nearly secures a defeat in a few more turns. Any thoughts peeps?

I can’t see any way for us to draw cards or reduce damage by the time we reach Captbnut’s turn, so I don’t think we have any way out of this.