Recent Boardgames (Your Last Played Game Volume 2)

Sounds like we need a PBF throwdown. @Captbnut has some Star Wars blood in him too. Who else?

I think we’d all get a list of four events and then take turns submitting them to some gamemaster who has the actual cards?

1 Like

I didn’t say I’d be any good at it…

2 Likes

… Han Solo?

1 Like

Nope. (If anyone else takes a stab, I’ll be silent until the correct answer comes rather than clogging the thread).

1 Like

Vader. And I want to know about those reports as well.

3 Likes

ROTJ, Vader to Sheev: “And what of the rebel fleet amassing near Sullust?”

1 Like

You should mix Timeline Star Wars with a regular Timeline

2 Likes

Its to the Emperor isn’t it?

3 Likes

What am I being put in for? Do love some Star Wars, was going to tag @marx as another fan

I’m trying to remember Sullust - I reckon Lando’s co pilot (had to Google Nien Nunb) was from there, so I’m guessing Lando

1 Like

Sorry, @SnobbyDolphin nailed it first. Anyone can scroll up to see the Sullust answer.

You’ve been submitted for a PBF of Star Wars Timeline. @RogerBW may have a copy of the real cards, or maybe just played. I have a feeling that now that it has been mentioned, this community will have about 12 different sets in a few weeks.

edit: looks mostly out of print, maybe never made it stateside? Couldn’t find a quick cardlist either.

3 Likes

I don’t have a copy, and there doesn’t seem to be one on Tabletop Simulator either.

1 Like

I can see it getting ugly, anyway, if there is a “Greedo Shoots” card and a “Han Shoots” card.

5 Likes

I’ve got a feeling I might have this. We’ve certainly acquired a lot of Star Wars quiz stuff over the years.

2 Likes

Played 1849: The Game of Sicilian Railways with @EnterTheWyvern . I got dunked and it was pretty fun. I’m just gonna quote a Geekbuddy, oceano, because I think the review was succinct.

Wonderful, really wonderful game. It is a hard game, difficult to play well, unforgiving, where a lot can happen, a lot of terrible things can be done to the fellow players.
The rules and the design are like a swiss clock, very logical and with beautiful details, but very intuitive at the same time.
The random sequence of companies on sales guarantee a high replayability: the difficult choices of the beginning are different at each game.
As a further plus it lasts usually less than the average 18xx game.

I am still unsure where this one sits amongst all the others, but I have a strong impression with this title.

Innovation

Tumblin Dice

Ark Nova - gets compared with Terraforming Mars, which is fair, imo. I enjoyed my first play, as I found that there’s more control in this game than I thought. But I found the game to be too linear for me. Once my early cards built me an engine that works with birds, I then spent the entire game trying to get more birds and put them in enclosures. That’s pretty much it.

The flaws in my play was simply the inefficient actions I have done, which is expected with first plays, rather than something interesting.

3 Likes

I was thinking about this game on the way home today. One of my favourite things of Dual Gauge is the dual gauge track and how it can be used offensively to block a route or defensively to stop others doing the same.

Does this have that feel?

1 Like

Tabletop Simulator, we expected more from you…

1 Like

Omg! Vader? ‘what of the reports of the Rebel fleet massing near Sullust?’

3 Likes

I’m clearly in over my head with you all.

Now I’m noodling on how to PBF a Star Wars Trivial Pursuit (strict OT, 1998 or 1999 edition).

4 Likes

Yknow I was just thinking the same thing. My own copy got sent to a charity shop for similar reasons. Although I’d only really stand a chance with OT honestly.

1 Like

I’m very curious how many of us gave/tucked away that edition of trivial pursuit because no one would play it with us anymore?

3 Likes