Quick Quacks Question

Hey I just recently got Quacks of Quedlinburg and I’ve read through the manual and will have a chance to play it with my family this weekend. I’m curious though, about the all drawing ingredients at once rule.
For those of you who have played Quacks is it more fun/better to all draw ingredients from your bags at once for all turns? or just for the last turn?

1 Like

I think the game would drag on too long if you had to synchronize your draws throughout the game. I’d let everybody go at their own pace until the last round.

3 Likes

I am bizarrely incredibly bad at pulling the pieces out. My family would banish me if they had to wait!

It’s worth keeping up with each other as much as possible because people might be tempted to game it, and it really isn’t the kind of game to try hard in.

3 Likes

We just play. A lot of the time we just play on the last turn instead of drawing at the same time. So long as nobody starts doing the thing where they are looking around trying to out wait everybody else it’s fine.

If you have a particularly spiky group it might be better, but you can turn a 60-90 minute game into a 2.5 hour one doing that very easily.

1 Like

Awesome good to know. Thanks everyone!

On an unrelated note. I keep seeing this thread and think it’s about quick quack quentin, the children’s book. Not a question to Quinn’s.

1 Like

If the group aren’t much of a board game group, then it’s not a bad idea for the first round just to make sure everyone is okay with what to do. After that, play as normal.

1 Like

That’s a thing I do in a lot of simultaneous-play games - go one by one at first, with the more experienced players working through their turns out lout, then when the newcomers are happy let them off on their own.

2 Likes